Nigel Pearson

DarkFruitsRam7

Hold up, am I remembering things right? I believe I said he’d fall out with the Watford owner and take them down. I mean... that is exactly what happened. Took a while for him to be sacked, but sure enough he was, and Watford got relegated.

In fairness, he’ll probably do a decent job at this level galvanising Bristol in the short term. They’ve got a good squad to work with. A lot depends on the coaches he has with him, but if they’re the right ones, I think that’s a good appointment and they won’t be joining us in the relegation fight.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Hold up, am I remembering things right? I believe I said he’d fall out with the Watford owner and take them down. I mean... that is exactly what happened. Took a while for him to be sacked, but sure enough he was, and Watford got relegated.

In fairness, he’ll probably do a decent job at this level galvanising Bristol in the short term. They’ve got a good squad to work with. A lot depends on the coaches he has with him, but if they’re the right ones, I think that’s a good appointment and they won’t be joining us in the relegation fight.

Pretty sure they were outside relegation zone when Watford sacked him. 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

With two very difficult games remaining that they were going to lose either way up. Regardless, he clearly fell out with the owners or why sack him at that juncture, so I was still right ?

They’re a basketcase of a club, come on! 

It’s an intriguing one because his job will be one similar to the one he had coming into Derby. 

Said at the time it wouldn’t surprise me to see him do well at Watford, I’m not sure this job will suit him as much and I’m not convinced he will get the time to dismantle and rebuild.

Could be wrong, but it doesn’t seem a good fit for me.

if you hire Nigel you have to let him do his thing and not interfere, he will want to make sure the scouting is how he likes it as well as the sports science side too.

He's not a quick fix manager he is a reboot the set up and start again type so the owners need to have a long term plan and not a itchy trigger finger

1 hour ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

if you hire Nigel you have to let him do his thing and not interfere, he will want to make sure the scouting is how he likes it as well as the sports science side too.

He's not a quick fix manager he is a reboot the set up and start again type so the owners need to have a long term plan and not a itchy trigger finger

Hope that long term plan includes a stay in league 1. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

Good job he's only there until the end of the season then