Tennis 2021

Curtains

You have to hope that it hasn't happened all too soon for her at 18 and that she doesn't suffer with the attention and expectation now. Unimaginable to think how any of us would have coped with this at 18!

Also, I have to say that it's not very British of her to suddenly be brilliant from nowhere at 18. We like our sports stars to spend several years getting our hopes up but not quite being good enough first!

13 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

4 minute sit down and rehydration.  It was poor form for me.  I think she was questioning if it should be classed as an injury that would stop her playing out till the next break.  She had a point.  Sure Nadal had one recently and cracked on till the next break in the match.  

What nonsense. It was nothing whatsoever to do with Emma. It wasn't her call. She had zero choice in the matter. It's the rules for a blood stoppage, as you would have in any sport. It was very poor from Fernandez, but she's young and it was the heat of the moment. But still, very poor from Fernandez.

Here are the Grandslam rules: https://www.itftennis.com/media/2495/grand-slam-rulebook-2020-f.pdf

If you searched for "bleeding", at the bottom of p.19 you get this,

image.thumb.png.a14c388e63603952910c96228ee1ab82.png

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

You have to hope that it hasn't happened all too soon for her at 18 and that she doesn't suffer with the attention and expectation now. Unimaginable to think how any of us would have coped with this at 18!

Also, I have to say that it's not very British of her to suddenly be brilliant from nowhere at 18. We like our sports stars to spend several years getting our hopes up but not quite being good enough first!

Not exactly the sort of form that marks her out as the natural successor to perennial home counties loser Tim Henman, is it?

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

What nonsense. It was nothing whatsoever to do with Emma. It wasn't her call. She had zero choice in the matter. It's the rules for a blood stoppage, as you would have in any sport. It was very poor from Fernandez, but she's young and it was the heat of the moment. But still, very poor from Fernandez.

Here are the Grandslam rules: https://www.itftennis.com/media/2495/grand-slam-rulebook-2020-f.pdf

If you searched for "bleeding", at the bottom of p.19 you get this,

image.thumb.png.a14c388e63603952910c96228ee1ab82.png

It probably like in wrestling. I bet she has a razor blade hidden in her sweat band and bladed herself. Sneaky sneaky. 

Excited Ric Flair GIF

Also, for the whole first set I thought her skirt was caught in her knickers. What was that all about.

Edited by TigerTedd