Derby v Huddersfield match day thread.

Boycie

Just now, Andicis said:

I just find it strange you'd claim he'd go right into our best team without seeing him play, is all. I don't disagree with your reasonings, but he could be absolutely rubbish, we just don't know yet.

True, maybe I should say it’s more what I think would be our best team. It feels to me to have the most balance at least.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

image.png.6a35279180fbe49ddeac39d063c19643.png

Subs:  Roos, Forsyth, Edmundson, McDonald, Baningime, Mitchell-Lawson, Roberts, Lawrence, Kazim-Richards

Waghorn needs to be dropped from the squad

Think Kazim is in need of a rest plus Gregory offers more of a threat running in behind. Kazim could have more impact coming off the bench in this game.

Bird is probably our most creative midfielder so he needs to get forward more instead of being played in the defensive role. 

In my opinion 4-3-3 suits our players best

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

image.png.6a35279180fbe49ddeac39d063c19643.png

Subs:  Roos, Forsyth, Edmundson, McDonald, Baningime, Mitchell-Lawson, Roberts, Lawrence, Kazim-Richards

Waghorn needs to be dropped from the squad

Think Kazim is in need of a rest plus Gregory offers more of a threat running in behind. Kazim could have more impact coming off the bench in this game.

Bird is probably our most creative midfielder so he needs to get forward more instead of being played in the defensive role. 

In my opinion 4-3-3 suits our players best

Think I might try Edmundson in midfield instead of Bird. CKR to start if he is ok to play. Other than that I agree ?

We could go for 3 at the back

Marshall

Wisdom  Clarke  Edmundson

Shinnie  Knight

Byrne                            Buchanan           
                   Sibley

CKR              Gregory  

Marshall

Byrne      Wisdom      Clarke      Buchanan

Baningime

Shinnie          Knight

Jozwiak               CKR                  Sibley

I think we will match their 352 -

Marshall - Wisdom Edmundson Clarke - Byrne Knight Bird Shinnie Buchanan - Gregory CKR

Subs - Roos Forsyth Mengi McDonald Watson Sibley Jozwiak Roberts Waghorn

Knight just off the strikers so almost a 3421, bypass the midfield as not much point playing through the middle on our pitch so go more direct to 2 strikers against their back 3. Put CKR on Keogh, thats a penalty waiting to happen.

I for one am glad that Holmes scored a couple on Saturday and that the terriers beat the swans. This will stop any thoughts from Derby about them being on the slide and we should win easily. Tough game as always in the championship. 

Two up top for me against their back 3 with Sibley just behind. 

A few players need to show improvement as we  have been carrying some passengers of late. 

Would have been nice to have been there to welcome back Keogh. He was a good servant for our club.

Derby to win. 

13 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

If we drop Bird though where is the creativity coming from? Edmundson, Shinnie, Knight don't really have the vision or passing ability.

I agree with this and would add that Bird (on current viewing ) adds little creativity and offers less than Shinnie and Knight in all other areas of the midfield requirements.  Thats why I reckon either Bangitinme or Sibley , totally different but offering more than Bird atm.

Marshy

Byrney Wizz Clarkey Bucho 

Bangmi

Shiniesta Knighty 

Jossie 

CKR Greggs 

Subs : Roosey, Fozzie, Eddie, Sibbs, Pugh, Pugh , Barneymcgrew, Cuthbert, Dibble , Grub . 

14 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We could go for 3 at the back

Marshall

Wisdom  Clarke  Edmundson

Shinnie  Knight

Byrne                            Buchanan           
                   Sibley

CKR              Gregory  

I was thinking similar, but would switch Clarke and Edmundson and I think Rooney trusts Bird over Sibley at the minute. Could play Sibley, Roberts or Jozwiak off CKR instead of Gregory?

Marshall

Wisdom  Edmundson  Clarke 

Byrne  Knight  Bird  Shinnie  Buchanan 

Gregory     CKR 

23 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

He was crap, but I think he’s got potential. I’d give him another chance.

By no fault of his own Roberts was often receiving the ball in static situations surrounded by the oppo. I think he’ll get a lot better as he develops a better understanding w Byrne etc   He looked good on the ball 

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

By no fault of his own Roberts was often receiving the ball in static situations surrounded by the oppo. I think he’ll get a lot better as he develops a better understanding w Byrne etc   He looked good on the ball 

I hope I will be able to award him more than the 1 point I gave him v Watford, truly awful performance ?

Archived