Watford v Derby, Friday 19th February

Kinder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Well, that was painful viewing. Defence just can’t handle Watford’s forward line, pace is tearing us apart and we seem to have collapsed without Clarke organising us. Lack of technical ability in the squad being shown up as well, particularly in the forward line, but in midfield as well too to be fair. Shinnie and Knight just don’t have the quality on the ball, for all their hard work. Roberts has been utterly woeful and probably should be hauled off at half time, whilst the rest of the attack as usual doesn’t have the quality. We just don’t have goals in us. Gulf in quality between the two teams is absolutely huge, and shows exactly why we are where we are. Shows just how far we have to go before we can challenge for promotion again if we can survive this season. Watford are the benchmark and we’re miles off it in terms of individual quality

That’s us sorted for the season then. 

Wisdom should be clearing out for a corner instead of trying to outside the foot for a throw in. Knight looking for a free when it's clear he is outpaced. Basic closing down for hughes goal absolutely awful. Buchanan out of his depth by a mile and looks like he is caught in the headlights every time they attack down the right. Ref playing a blinder as usual for the championship. Goal should have stood. Waghorn is hilarious as a footballer. His comical geordie wit and one of the lads attitude is not enough for winning teams in this era. Rooney half time is massive

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No they are not. As you say we should be level. But at least 2-1 and if Wayne takes the space wasters off then we'll have more chances.

I agree, tonight they're not out performing us. I just meant in general, their side is far better. Not sure any of our lot would get in their team. 

5 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the disallowed goal, and I personally think cleverly should be off, ref allowed us to play on earlier in the half after a late tackle by cleverly, but never went back to book him.

bucko’s wasn’t a yellow neither, think we’ve done ok tbh, difference is Starr and his pace and unfortunately the fluke goal followed by a lack of concentration for the second.

At the time I thought Roberts should have gone down and made sure Cleverly was booked, rather than playing on. However, it was another appalling piece of refereeing not to go back and book Cleverly when the ball went dead. Absolute home-biased shocker from the officials. Well done Colin talking to the ref saying he needed to watch it again as they walked off the pitch. If he flicked Sky on in the dressing room they told him in no uncertain terms the goal he disallowed was perfectly good, with the only foul being what was done to Wisdom.

7 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very disappointed with Will for that. Getting a young player booked for no reason. Yes it's professional and gamesmanship, but he shouldn't do that against us. Given his own booking and then this, I hope he gets sent off now. 

Didn't celebrate the goal though.  Keep us warm when we're within 3 points of the relegation zone again tomorrow. He's one of our own. I second the request for a red card.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

So that means we definitely can't come back or gain a point from a losing position.

I find it hard to believe anyone could argue the game wouldn't be completely different if that goal stood. We look dangerous from every set-piece and their keeper looks very shaky. It could stay 2-1 for the next 44 minutes of play, but all we'd need is one more set-piece and then who knows?

If we can get it in the box enough, their keeper looks dodgy. I have my doubts that it could work twice and without reply but 45 mins is a long time.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Weird comment given that factually we have yielded nul points from a losing position all season. I'd say that was a realistic skepticism built on past events.

No one is saying we'll come back and get anything for sure. But writing off a game that we've been in and had chances in before the end of the first half is sad.

Observations so far.

The disallowed goal in on a par with the Miles Addison/ Stuart Attwell debacle.

Will Hughes is refereeing the game.

Patrick Roberts , as much as it pains me to say is the nearest thing defensive wise I’ve ever seen to Alan Hinton, but he hasn’t got the crossing ability to compensate.

The ref needs to atone by issuing a second yellow to Will or Cleverly.

Archived