Watford v Derby, Friday 19th February

Kinder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

That said, I dont want to be overly critical. Watford are a far better side. Just hurts that we're not level at the moment. 

No they are not. As you say we should be level. But at least 2-1 and if Wayne takes the space wasters off then we'll have more chances.

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

first half: 

first goal so so lucky - we hadn’t done much before then but we’d held our own. 

second goal - abysmal defending from start to finish with it. Edmondson the biggest villain. 

disallowed goal - horrible decision from the Ref. Keepers had a mare and been rescued. 

That was a difficult chance at the end but a confident player hits the target. 

Swap Buchanan for Forsyth he’s being roasted every time by a player too good for the division and he’s been booked. 

Swap Waggy for Jozwiak. 

Haven’t seen the bench yet but if Sibley is on it then get him on in the middle. Get a bit of quality on the ball in there. 

Agree wholeheartedly.

And yes Sibbo is on ze bench

Well, that was painful viewing. Defence just can’t handle Watford’s forward line, pace is tearing us apart and we seem to have collapsed without Clarke organising us. Lack of technical ability in the squad being shown up as well, particularly in the forward line, but in midfield as well too to be fair. Shinnie and Knight just don’t have the quality on the ball, for all their hard work. Roberts has been utterly woeful and probably should be hauled off at half time, whilst the rest of the attack as usual doesn’t have the quality. We just don’t have goals in us. Gulf in quality between the two teams is absolutely huge, and shows exactly why we are where we are. Shows just how far we have to go before we can challenge for promotion again if we can survive this season. Watford are the benchmark and we’re miles off it in terms of individual quality.

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

We’ve only scored 2 or more goals four times in 30 league games so far.

We have gained 0 points from losing positions this season.

So that means we definitely can't come back or gain a point from a losing position.

I find it hard to believe anyone could argue the game wouldn't be completely different if that goal stood. We look dangerous from every set-piece and their keeper looks very shaky. It could stay 2-1 for the next 44 minutes of play, but all we'd need is one more set-piece and then who knows?

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

As a suggestion can we start allowing zero scores on the players ratings thread please after this game 

Who are you suggesting is not even trying and doesn’t give a fig? That’s what a zero would suggest to me 

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

We’ve only scored 2 or more goals four times in 30 league games so far.

We have gained 0 points from losing positions this season.

Yes, we were unlucky with the disallowed goal, but there’s a general pattern of little to no attacking quality in this team.

I have got a grip, thank you very much. The big games are next week, not tonight.

And we've done that twice. In the last 2 games.

At 2-0 down decisions like that are unbelievably important.  It doesn’t even look like a foul, Hope the ref looks at that again and decides he isn’t fit to blow a whistle and gets a job where awareness of what goes on around you isn’t apart of your job description. 
And breath.................

Disallowed goal about of stood and Waghorn with a little composure should of brought that down and slotted, 2-2 and game on. Anyway nothing to lose now, Gregory and Joz on go for it, take it to them. He who dares wins Rooney ?

Just now, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

The more replays I see of that goal, the more I don't know what the hell the ref saw. Other than disappearing into thin air, there's nothing else Wiz could have done. Their 'keeper jumps into him. Falls over. And somehow it's a foul?! Absolute ducking joke!

Actually, looking at the replays, their player was holding Wisdom. If it wasn't a goal, it should have been a penalty. Terrible decision.

Archived