Watford v Derby, Friday 19th February

Kinder

Just now, Pottig said:

We've already had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Why is us scoring another or two so unrealistic? Get a grip.

We’ve only scored 2 or more goals four times in 30 league games so far.

We have gained 0 points from losing positions this season.

Yes, we were unlucky with the disallowed goal, but there’s a general pattern of little to no attacking quality in this team.

I have got a grip, thank you very much. The big games are next week, not tonight.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first half: 

first goal so so lucky - we hadn’t done much before then but we’d held our own. 

second goal - abysmal defending from start to finish with it. Edmondson the biggest villain. 

disallowed goal - horrible decision from the Ref. Keepers had a mare and been rescued. 

That was a difficult chance at the end but a confident player hits the target. 

Swap Buchanan for Forsyth he’s being roasted every time by a player too good for the division and he’s been booked. 

Swap Waggy for Jozwiak. 

Haven’t seen the bench yet but if Sibley is on it then get him on in the middle. Get a bit of quality on the ball in there. 

Unfair scoreline. Been as good as them for long periods. 1st goal was a fluke, 2nd was soft. Albeit, responded well and had decent control in the game. Robbed of a goal for Kazim's disallowed header.

Early on at 0-0, I thought we had a lack of movement ahead of the ball from Kazim, Knight, Waggy etc when we had possession in good areas.

Bird has impressed me in possession & Knight has done ok in midfield picking up loose balls. Shinnie doesn't look the same player without Bielik anchoring the midfield and giving him a bit more freedom to roam & press. While some will criticise Roberts, it is clear to see he has quality & ideas in possession. Give him time & he will produce for us. Great ball to Waggy at the end (good run as well), however really poor finish when he had time to bring it down.

Love to see Jozwiak on for Waggy and have a go 1st 20 mins here and see if we can make a game of it.

Mad as owt about both their goals but I think we’re unlucky to go in two down at the break. I didn’t see too much wrong with our disallowed goal but I did see Will have a good old tug at Knighty I think it was in the lead up to it. 

Watford do look quite good in attack at times and we’re passing back to Marshall too much for my liking but I’ve seen worse from us.

If we could earn a point from this it would be a brilliant point but I think it’s asking a lot of the lads.

Should be 2-1, thats never a foul. Should actually be 2-2 if Waghorn had the composure of a league 1 striker. He doesnt.

I dont like singling out individuals like this but he's been shocking today, and poor all season. His best game was probably Wycombe, and that was only because of his set piece deliveries. IMO, he shouldn't be near the team. 

That said, I dont want to be overly critical. Watford are a far better side. Just hurts that we're not level at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Who has blamed the ref for "our own deficiencies"? Watford deserve the lead but except for a 5 minute spell in the middle of the half, we haven't done too badly. Not enough to deserve anything as of yet, but enough to still be in the game.

An individual referee deficiency has completely changed the second half. We were on top at the end there, if we grabbed a goal then I would've fancied us to get another.

We just don't fight back. 

Worth reminding ourselves that we got a similar decision go our way on Tuesday night but that is a stinker from the ref. Should be 2-1 and we should be back in the game.

Would take Waghorn off for Jozwiak, at least Jozwiak brings pace and energy. At some point, Waghorn taking corners isn’t enough to keep him in this side. He wastes chances and doesn’t contribute enough to our build up play.

Just got in in time for second half and chance to see what I’ve missed .... oh dear again must admit didn’t expect much tonight .... then saw Bird and Shinnie starting they really don’t work well together and then saw a comment near the end ... waghorn does a waghorn I’m assuming he was close to hitting the corner flag with a shot as we’ve had our customary 0 shots on target ... in fact 0 shots full stop 

Please correct me if I’m wrong are we even in this ? 

12 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I think it's more pedantically accurate to say we look a class below. 

Watford have not been miles ahead of this league in the way Wolves were. We are poorer and playing badly. 

I don't think we do. But I think Waghorn and Bird aren't earning their place, Roberts only just. We've had a good goal disallowed. You need to look again.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We've been second best all half. 

Didn't say we haven't been. I'm not blaming a referee deficiency for why we're behind. However if the referee was competent then it would be 2-1 rather than 2-0, that might make a big difference with half the game still to play.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

We've been second best all half. 

It has been very even except for 5 poor minutes and we conceded two poor goals albeit one somewhat unfortunate

Its a fact however that a rank referee decision has meant we have a lot more work on to get back in the game than we should.

3 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Can you help me to decide whether to spend £5 to listen to the audio coverage of the second half?

? = yes.           ? = no

I know the scoreline ... but are we playing with our new found self-belief? Or are we having a mare.

(I'm feeling fed up - especially as I had to miss the first half - so although I can cope with a loss - I'm not sure that I want to pay £5 to hear that we are not playing well!)

Oh no! I flicked through a couple of pages, and a few people had some hope ... and I was going to buy the audio ...

...  but then I popped back to my post and the answer was NO NO NO!

Mixed bag of a first half. I actually think we're unlucky to be 2 down. We switched off after their first goal and looked crap for 5-10 minutes. Should've counted that goal from the corner too.

Can't Waghorn pass it without blasting it at full power? We're weak down the left because Buchanan can't get forward and Waghorn isn't a threat on the left. Roberts needs to do more when he has the ball, but it's early days for him yet.

I'd like to see Jozwiak on for Waghorn and Gregory on for probably Bird (which is unfair as he's playing well), but I think we need to go to a direct 4-4-2 and put balls into the box at leas win more corners.

Archived