Watford v Derby, Friday 19th February

Kinder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrendous start. Knight and Waggy at fault for the first, no desire to get back after losing the ball, Shinnie diving in when he was never going to get within a mile of the ball, Buchanan left for dead. Roberts absolutely ? it on the edge of the box for the second. Again no desire to get out to the ball. 

Roberts is having an absolute mare! But also Waghorn - what's that about? I can't work out where he's meant to be playing... he's too deep to press, too poo to be a left midfield... may as well just take him off and stick a shirt on a post in the ground. He's in the team because he runs about. And.....? 

Got our tactics wrong for the first time under Rooney. Trying to outplay a team with better players with more pace up front. We simply don't have the quality on the ball to play through them. I think he set us like this as a reaction to the lack of football in our last 2 games. However this wasn't the team to do it against. 

Waghorn and Roberts are on the wrong wings and we need to press and play more direct.

I'd switch to a back 3 and play Mengi LCB to deal with Sarr. Roberts off. Waghorn feeding off CKR.  

Archived