Watford v Derby, Friday 19th February

3 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Waggy works hard so I'd be happy to have him drop into midfield, otherwise use Bird, all so as to accommodate Roberts who has something about him. Gregory was anonymous.  The full backs must return. 4-3-3

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchannan

Waghorn   Shinnie  Knight

Roberts     Kazim-Richards   Jozwiak

Waghorn part of the midfield 3 🤭

8 hours ago, Topram said:

Before Saturday I’d of definitely taken 6 points this week so for me Friday is a free hit they battered bristol last week but sounds like us on yesterday played poor but won 

Playing poor and winning or coming up against an unfashionable side and losing is common place in the championship. It’s why im suprised people seem so surprised when the likes of last night happen - we have been in this division about 13 seasons in a row - we know what it’s about. 😂

Whilst Watford are top 6, they're going to pose a different challenge to Swansea & Bournemouth who we were able to play on the counter against. Firstly, they dont score many at all & are very good defensively, so we need more cutting edge & a much better foothold in the game. 

QPR beat them at Vicarage Road a few weeks back & did so by dominating the ball. I think we should try & match that by playing Bird to make a 3 man midfield with the more industrious Knight & Shinnie, with Max controlling possession higher up the park & the other 2 sitting deeper, screening the back 4 & covering for Byrne & Buchanan's raids. Dont believe this game is suitable for two up top so would drop Gregory & move to a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. 

Ive also been very disappointed with the output of Jozwiak & Waghorn (in open play) so would bring in Roberts for his first start & Sibley on the left side (I know Rooney doesnt seem to fancy him but I'd play him)

Below lineup assumes Clarke is available. If not, Edmundson to come in for his first start.

20210217_194241.thumb.jpg.5207cc1c3f828db83dbe28b6b20337d9.jpg

1 minute ago, DCFClks said:

image.png.0d7e45e64c0673abace8da8ba85165db.png

I still think Jozwiak needs a rest, but I don't think we have anyone else who can play LW at the moment. I don't think Roberts or Waghorn have ever played on the left and the only other option is Knight (if Lawrence is still out).

Waggy has played on the left as well! I'm not sure was it under Cocu or someone before him, but relatively recently anyway. And of course Sibley played there against Birmingham.

7 hours ago, Rampage said:

If we continue our present form then we will probably be in the Play Offs whether we want to be or not. Would be 14 wins at the previous six games rate. 42+34=76. Just saying.

I think our form over the past 10 games tells a bigger picture. On that I can’t see us making play offs. I’m very excited for next season though. 

7 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Waggy works hard so I'd be happy to have him drop into midfield, otherwise use Bird, all so as to accommodate Roberts who has something about him. Gregory was anonymous.  The full backs must return. 4-3-3

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchannan

Waghorn   Shinnie  Knight

Roberts     Kazim-Richards   Jozwiak

He does have the work rate but He doesn’t have the touch, passing ability, don’t get me started on tackling to play in midfield. I’d play sibley there first. 

12 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

He does have the work rate but He doesn’t have the touch, passing ability, don’t get me started on tackling to play in midfield. I’d play sibley there first. 

Yeah, you're probably right.

I'd love Sibley to be back in the team but it seems he's out of favour, injured or both.

Max Bird has played well in his recent cameos.

33 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I think our form over the past 10 games tells a bigger picture. On that I can’t see us making play offs. I’m very excited for next season though. 

Bournemouth need to go on a very bad run. Wildest imaginations is we finish equal seventh. Win on Friday and we would be 6 points off 7th.