Rooney the Boss

Half fan

16 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

No I am in Asheville North Carolina in the Smokey Mountains, I was originally from Chaddo, so maybe my memory is affected by my experiences there. 

I'm a Chadd Lad, Trenton Green area, I new plenty of lads around Perth street and Sussex Circus way, Drank in the Beau Brummel, Wilmot Arms, Penguin, Rhino, The Rocket, Blue Boy.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

No I am in Asheville North Carolina in the Smokey Mountains, I was originally from Chaddo, so maybe my memory is affected by my experiences there. 

I loved going to Raleigh, NC when I worked for Lenovo. Loved the place. Reminded me a lot of Spondon, where I grew up! ?? 

Derby is no different to any other city really, has its good areas and bad areas, can think of a few cities where the bad areas are worse than what Derby has to offer.

If you lived in Chad, yeah I can see it, I lived in Allestree and as you go down towards Duffield area, even Quarndon you get to see the nicer areas. 

Had a flat in Normanton for a short time, that was an experience I won’t forget. 

6 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Ahhh the Blue Boy, "Pint and a fight please landlord"

Oh yes, Seen many fisty cuffs in there, Just looked up Asheville NC, Looks a great place to live pretty arty by the sounds, You look to have done well fella pleased for ya, Nice to see a Chadd Lad doing well.

PS how old are you if it's not to pertinent, If your around my age...well

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's what I like about coming on here, reading a thread about Rooney the manager then discover half of the content is about crap pubs in Derby. 

I already knew that but thanks anyway. 

One or two nasty experiences Tyler?

1 hour ago, James Pond said:

Now Derby isn't seen as a fashionable place to be in some peoples opinion, But it's not all bad, There's places I wouldn't go and i've lived here all my 65 years, A nice suberb in the south of Derby is where I am.

13 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Oh yes, Seen many fisty cuffs in there, Just looked up Asheville NC, Looks a great place to live pretty arty by the sounds, You look to have done well fella pleased for ya, Nice to see a Chadd Lad doing well.

PS how old are you if it's not to pertinent, If your around my age...well

Just now, ImARam2 said:

Now Derby isn't seen as a fashionable place to be in some peoples opinion, But it's not all bad, There's places I wouldn't go and i've lived here all my 65 years, A nice suberb in the south of Derby is where I am.

Frank Lampard & Jodie Morris, as well as Steve McLaren rented houses in Duffield when they were here as managers. At least 4 players are resident here, as well as Nigel Clough.

15 minutes ago, David said:

Derby is no different to any other city really, has its good areas and bad areas, can think of a few cities where the bad areas are worse than what Derby has to offer.

If you lived in Chad, yeah I can see it, I lived in Allestree and as you go down towards Duffield area, even Quarndon you get to see the nicer areas. 

Had a flat in Normanton for a short time, that was an experience I won’t forget. 

Come to Nottingham.....though I have to say Hyson Green or St Anne's or the Meadows aren't any better or any worse than say Chadd or Normanton or Sinfin so

19 hours ago, Half fan said:

What a brilliant post-match interview.

"The players have to believe in each other the way I believe in them".

Contrast after another snatched win with Frank's "I bloody love Mason Bennett".

I know it's early days and we are only top for the past six games, but I'm seeing signs that our leader is a shrewd and inspirational and rightfully demanding Wayne "Fergie" Rooney.

For me he is a huge surprise package. He has gone up enormously in my estimation. I thought he was a ball at feet fighter in his own right and due every respect for that but not much more .He doesn’t come across as an orator or sage in any way; but he seems to have some pure bred star dust and the ability to relate to all the players, young and old. He speaks plainly and simply, doesn’t do waffle and cliches. The biggest thing for me is that he is adjusting our play depending on opponents

I’d also speculate he has a certain bloody mindedness only real winners posses .. I really don’t see him going until he has achieved something with us. United are going ok with Ole, Everton are on a roll. He isnt going to be fancied or tempted elsewhere unless he does it for DCFC. He  knows that ... and welcomes the challenge 

He is a warrior, I am glad he is fighting for us. This is football not the kings road or a business “franchise” Wayne is a footy player of legend and a Ram ! 

41 minutes ago, jono said:

For me he is a huge surprise package. He has gone up enormously in my estimation. I thought he was a ball at feet fighter in his own right and due every respect for that but not much more .He doesn’t come across as an orator or sage in any way; but he seems to have some pure bred star dust and the ability to relate to all the players, young and old. He speaks plainly and simply, doesn’t do waffle and cliches. The biggest thing for me is that he is adjusting our play depending on opponents

I’d also speculate he has a certain bloody mindedness only real winners posses .. I really don’t see him going until he has achieved something with us. United are going ok with Ole, Everton are on a roll. He isnt going to be fancied or tempted elsewhere unless he does it for DCFC. He  knows that ... and welcomes the challenge 

He is a warrior, I am glad he is fighting for us. This is football not the kings road or a business “franchise” Wayne is a footy player of legend and a Ram ! 

All the way @jono I posted my thoughts on Xmas day on another thread. Assuming he’s in it for the long haul WR will go all the way. Underestimate him at your peril. The longer he stays at DCFC the better for us. Mark my words!!! 

This has been one of the the most surprising and positive upturns in results and performances I can remember as a fan. We were heading into League 1 with an express ticket when Rooney took over. I don't expect good football at the moment, just proud the players are scrapping for every point now and slowly but surely turning a very sorry situation around. The squad is as limited as it has been in years, I expect we'd see different football if Rooney had players like Mount, Wilson and Tomori, even options like Huddlestone. 

7 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

This has been one of the the most surprising and positive upturns in results and performances I can remember as a fan. We were heading into League 1 with an express ticket when Rooney took over. I don't expect good football at the moment, just proud the players are scrapping for every point now and slowly but surely turning a very sorry situation around. The squad is as limited as it has been in years, I expect we'd see different football if Rooney had players like Mount, Wilson and Tomori, even options like Huddlestone. 

Isn't Huddlestone still an option, he hasn't signed for another club since he left?  However, his attitude in not seeing out last season didn't do him any favours.

3 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Isn't Huddlestone still an option, he hasn't signed for another club since he left?  However, his attitude in not seeing out last season didn't do him any favours.

I was more thinking the Huddlestone of 2-3 years ago, not bringing him out of retirement. My point was previous managers had much better players to pick from.

Archived