Rooney the Boss

Half fan

1 hour ago, Bob Gnarly said:

This is the ONLY thing that matters with the position we are in. Much rather win in an "ugly" fashion rather than attempting to play "nice football" and lose.

We can worry about style of play when we aren't constantly looking down the table. 

Still bloody lucky though, ?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Give Colin a base ball bat and we should win comfortably ?

We are in a good home run at present. We do not need a curve ball on Friday. Wayne has been building a good defensive base and is a great pitcher of his vision for the team. Hats off to him. He is having a ball.

I can't recall many fans complaining about the type of football the Rams played against Swansea, Birmingham, Bournemouth or Bristol City?

There was very little 'hoof-ball' in those games and we were well worth the wins with some great passing and goals.

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I think the summer is going to be interesting. Assuming that everything doesn't go horribly wrong from here, Rooney is bound to get other offers for management jobs. I think if one of those offers came from Man U or Everton he'd be off like a Lampard.

If we're still an off-field basket case, I'd be quite surprised if he stayed at all. An offer from top Championship club would look very tempting compared to the cobbled together squad he'd have here. If we get sorted, we'll be a top Championship club again, so I doubt he'd jump ship for anyone else in this division.

Where it would get interesting is if a Premier League club that he didn't have a connection with came in. Would he fancy Southampton or Crystal Palace? Would he see managing abroad as a key part of his education?

I can see us all being nervous wrecks watching one Twitter rumour after another surface.

Only WR will know and maybe Colleen as to where he will or will not be going, They're both multi millionairs so no money worries, I guess it's every managers hopes that a bigger club comes in for them, But, I think WR has seen what happened to Frank when he saw that pot of gold at the end of Stamford Bridge, Having money to buy who you want is not a guarantee of success.

He's got a home of biblical proportions and travelling here I guess can be a pain unless he and the family are now living a little closer to Derby, I think he wants to get us in the Premier League to show all what ability he has, IMO he'll be here for the length of his contract when we're playing the likes of Man Utd and Everton.

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I think the summer is going to be interesting. Assuming that everything doesn't go horribly wrong from here, Rooney is bound to get other offers for management jobs. I think if one of those offers came from Man U or Everton he'd be off like a Lampard.

If we're still an off-field basket case, I'd be quite surprised if he stayed at all. An offer from top Championship club would look very tempting compared to the cobbled together squad he'd have here. If we get sorted, we'll be a top Championship club again, so I doubt he'd jump ship for anyone else in this division.

Where it would get interesting is if a Premier League club that he didn't have a connection with came in. Would he fancy Southampton or Crystal Palace? Would he see managing abroad as a key part of his education?

I can see us all being nervous wrecks watching one Twitter rumour after another surface.

Can’t we just enjoy it, then cross this bridge when it comes, if it comes ☹️

Average tenure of a Championship manager is what, 2 seasons? We know it won’t last forever and bigger offers will come in or shown the door, that’s football.

Only difference with Rooney and Lampard than any other manager is their offers will come from much bigger clubs due to their stature in the game and would be difficult to turn down.

There is no long term loyalty in appointing a Rowett for example either, whiff of parachute payment money to spend and they will be off.

Just feels like we don’t get much chance to actually live in the moment anymore, choosing to fear the worst instead. 

We have one of the biggest names in the modern era in charge of our club and doing a fine job, let’s enjoy the ride.

For what it’s worth I don’t see either United or Everton looking to change their managers anytime soon. United stood by Ole through the rough patch they had and starting to see improvement.

Everton are also doing as well as can be expected, win the 2 games in hand and they could go to the dizzy heights of 4th.

27 minutes ago, David said:

Can’t we just enjoy it, then cross this bridge when it comes, if it comes ☹️

Average tenure of a Championship manager is what, 2 seasons? We know it won’t last forever and bigger offers will come in or shown the door, that’s football.

Only difference with Rooney and Lampard than any other manager is their offers will come from much bigger clubs due to their stature in the game and would be difficult to turn down.

There is no long term loyalty in appointing a Rowett for example either, whiff of parachute payment money to spend and they will be off.

Just feels like we don’t get much chance to actually live in the moment anymore, choosing to fear the worst instead. 

We have one of the biggest names in the modern era in charge of our club and doing a fine job, let’s enjoy the ride.

For what it’s worth I don’t see either United or Everton looking to change their managers anytime soon. United stood by Ole through the rough patch they had and starting to see improvement.

Everton are also doing as well as can be expected, win the 2 games in hand and they could go to the dizzy heights of 4th.

I was a little disappointed with Rooney the player when he came to the club but having Rooney the manager has turned out to be one of the best decisions Mel has made. 

We would be right in the cart without him and he's under unbelievable restrictions. 

The team has run through brick walls for him and I am sure they will respond to his criticism of last night's performance. 

44 minutes ago, James Pond said:

He's got a home of biblical proportions and travelling here I guess can be a pain unless he and the family are now living a little closer to Derby,

I lived very close to where Rooney is now and the car journey to Pride Park and the training ground is a very comfortable 90 minutes especially when you have a driver. in my opinion 90 minutes is as close to Derby as anyone would want to live given a choice.

7 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

I lived very close to where Rooney is now and the car journey to Pride Park and the training ground is a very comfortable 90 minutes. in my opinion 90 minutes is as close to Derby as anyone would want to live given a choice.

??????????

What are you saying about us locals!!! 

18 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

I lived very close to where Rooney is now and the car journey to Pride Park and the training ground is a very comfortable 90 minutes especially when you have a driver. in my opinion 90 minutes is as close to Derby as anyone would want to live given a choice.

Perhaps you could car share with him, maybe even go halves on the petrol. 

Save him a bit of dosh eh ?

21 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Asheville Ohio...is this where you are?

Now Derby isn't seen as a fashionable place to be in some peoples opinion, But it's not all bad, There's places I wouldn't go and i've lived here all my 65 years, A nice suberb in the south of Derby is where I am.

It's got it's good and bad points, But i'll not put the City down as it's the place of my birth, Certainly changed tho.

7 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Asheville Ohio...is this where you are?

Now Derby isn't seen as a fashionable place to be in some peoples opinion, But it's not all bad, There's places I wouldn't go and i've lived here all my 65 years, A nice suberb in the south of Derby is where I am.

It's got it's good and bad points, But i'll not put the City down as it's the place of my birth, Certainly changed tho.

No I am in Asheville North Carolina in the Smokey Mountains, I was originally from Chaddo, so maybe my memory is affected by my experiences there. 

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

We are in a good home run at present. We do not need a curve ball on Friday. Wayne has been building a good defensive base and is a great pitcher of his vision for the team. Hats off to him. He is having a ball.

Such a noble effort to include as many words as possible relating to "Baseball".

...Until you realise you failed to include the one related word that matters most... "Ground"!

BOOOOOOOOO!

Archived