Rooney's interviews

rad1919

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rooney isn’t and never will as eloquent as say Lampard but you can tell from his news conferences that he knows what he wants and what he’s talking about when it comes to football. I do believe he will eventually become a better manager than Lampard but that is just my opinion.

The players seem to like him (see George Evans’ comments after moving to Millwall) they respect him for what he has achieved and he has identified what was needed (hard to beat / clean sheets) and I think over time he will make us more expansive and more of a “footballing side” but everything will be based on hard work and honesty.

15 hours ago, Owen87ITK said:

I think he’s relaxed, feels more confident, maybe feels more comfortable as a manager?

I’ll say this though. Of all the manager’s I've worked with since covering Derby, he is undoubtedly the best to deal with. 

Like many I was sceptical when he was first given the nod, but he’s blown me away with how he’s handled everything, media & football. He’s genuinely engaged with the academy in a way I haven’t seen from a previous manager, too.

Think he’s going to go a long, long way. Hopefully with Derby, of course! 

Unfortunately, Owen, he won't go a long way with us. We are just a first step in his career and if, next season he does really well like Lampard a good Prem club will be in for him and as much as I love Rooney being our manager, like Lampard I think the first sign of a good prem club ie Everton sniffing round him, he'll want to go.

Hope I'm wrong and he sticks with us and learns the mistake of what  jumping too early did to Lampard.

1 hour ago, DCFC1976 said:

Rooney isn’t and never will as eloquent as say Lampard but you can tell from his news conferences that he knows what he wants and what he’s talking about when it comes to football. I do believe he will eventually become a better manager than Lampard but that is just my opinion.

The players seem to like him (see George Evans’ comments after moving to Millwall) they respect him for what he has achieved and he has identified what was needed (hard to beat / clean sheets) and I think over time he will make us more expansive and more of a “footballing side” but everything will be based on hard work and honesty.

I think you're right, It's alright talking the talk (Lampard, Rowett, Cocu) but it's what matters on the pitch and even at this early stage, Rooney is showing serious potential.

10 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Unfortunately, Owen, he won't go a long way with us. We are just a first step in his career and if, next season he does really well like Lampard a good Prem club will be in for him and as much as I love Rooney being our manager, like Lampard I think the first sign of a good prem club ie Everton sniffing round him, he'll want to go.

Hope I'm wrong and he sticks with us and learns the mistake of what  jumping too early did to Lampard.

I think that he will stay with us until Ancellotti leaves Everton. He was given a four and a half year contract there. I think that he will stay while the stadium is being built and see his contract out. He is a great manager. Wayne will have bags of experience by then. If we can get some serious money pumped into the Club, Wayne can get all the satisfaction he needs out of building up our Club. As Frank has found out it may be possible to jump too soon. Which Club would suit Frank now. Maybe Arsenal or Tottenham but he needs success elsewhere perhaps before getting the likes of one of those clubs. Wayne has his career sorted in his mind and will learn his trade and bring success to us first. 

6 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

My God a couple of months ago he was a fat useless to$$er. Now he’s the greatest public speaker since Churchill.

Football fans know no middle ground.

The guy is doing OK. We see potential let’s stop bigging him up. He’s done nowt yet.

He has taken us out of the bottom three.

We will fight them on the beaches eg Pride Park...... etc COYR

Wayne has watched Fergie talking tactics for years. He has clearly learnt well. He always speaks favourably about his players. It is also very clear that if you do not work hard then you will be leaving. He will also make it clear that if you are not in his plans then he will help you move on to another Club. Let us hope that we can win tonight and give Watford a good game. Watford is really the best test if progress that we have had so far imo. They have better players than us so we will see how Wayne's tactics work notwithstanding any simple mistakes that.may be made by individual players. I have a feeling that Edmundson is going to be a somewhat impassable midfielder or a strongman in a three centre half formation. If he can pass a ball well he could be the guy to replace Bielik. Wayne has already said that he will feature at some point tonight. Watford is s good game to try our new players out as we are not expected to win.

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

My God a couple of months ago he was a fat useless to$$er. Now he’s the greatest public speaker since Churchill.

The guy is doing OK. We see potential let’s stop bigging him up. He’s done nowt yet.

Yes Demosthenes has nothing on Rooney obviously.

At least his pre and post match interviews aren't interspersed by the word ummm which I found intensely annoying with regards to an ex Derby manager now at Mansfield....

If you watch Wayne Rooney's Pre Match interview with Watford you can see Wayne squinting alot, and it maybe indicates what he really thinks of all these media folk asking there questions.

It's a great interview from Wayne and you can tell how much he really loves his football and how much he just wants to get on with what he knows best.

Check out what the science of people say on squinting and do the eye test yourself and see if you can read peoples eyes!

https://www.scienceofpeople.com/read-people-eyes/

On 16/02/2021 at 15:49, Tyler Durden said:

Yes Demosthenes has nothing on Rooney obviously.

At least his pre and post match interviews aren't interspersed by the word ummm which I found intensely annoying with regards to an ex Derby manager now at Mansfield....

Didn’t Demosthenes manage AEK Athens ?

I really enjoy Wazza’s pressers and post-match interviews. He’s like a shy little boy, all coy but never stuck for words and always makes a coherent and telling point. There are no hollow “managerialisms” (...”in the building”, etc) and most of all it’s delivered with that under-stated, “I may know more than I’m letting on” look. I suspect he picked up a bit of this from Fergy. Mostly though I love how effortlessly the words “...against Notts Forest” slipped from his lips with just a little hint of a sparkle in his eyes. 

On 16/02/2021 at 13:46, 24Charlie said:

He has restored the pride and confidence of every Rams supporter 

On 16/02/2021 at 08:52, Rampage said:

I think that he will stay with us until Ancellotti leaves Everton. He was given a four and a half year contract there. I think that he will stay while the stadium is being built and see his contract out. He is a great manager. Wayne will have bags of experience by then. If we can get some serious money pumped into the Club, Wayne can get all the satisfaction he needs out of building up our Club. As Frank has found out it may be possible to jump too soon. Which Club would suit Frank now. Maybe Arsenal or Tottenham but he needs success elsewhere perhaps before getting the likes of one of those clubs. Wayne has his career sorted in his mind and will learn his trade and bring success to us first. 

duck me fat Frank isn’t getting any of those jobs, he will be lucky to get a job on Super Sunday with his cousin. 

23 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I still watch his interviews and can’t believe Wayne Rooney is a manager now, let alone our manager. Makes me feel so old. 

only problem is, this now makes Man Utd my second team, cos you just know that if Ole slips up, they’ll straight in for our Wayne. 

Nah. Can’t see them going straight away for another young, relatively inexperienced, ex player.

Archived