Best Rams freebie

Ramarena

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

With the meteoric rise of King Kaz......Who have been the best Rams free transfers and how do they rate against Kaz?

Burley had a team- Smith, Idiakez, Rasiak, Taylor, Johnson.

Oakley in the Davies team

Saunders was effectively a free.  

Was Goddard a free from Newcastle.  Can't remember.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Burley had a team- Smith, Idiakez, Rasiak, Taylor, Johnson.

Oakley in the Davies team

Saunders was effectively a free.  

Was Goddard a free from Newcastle.  Can't remember.

I think if the thread was best team built on freebies it would be hard to argue against burleys team.

the list was incredible,  add Reich,  bisgaard and more..

In my time watching, it’s Chris Martin by a country mile. Best striker we’ve had probably since the turn of the Century - all those years of service to the club, all those goals, we got it all for absolutely no fee. One of my Derby heroes, and an absolutely unreal signing by Clough (may well have been Simon, rather than Nigel).

As good as Kazim-Richards has been, I don’t think it’s right to be talking about him in this sort of conversation. He’s only been here half a season, and half a terrible season at that - can’t talk about him in the same breath as the likes of Martin and Buxton really. Love the man though.

Martin by a country mile for me. But when you look at Kaz and Shinnie this season it does make you wonder why we’ve splashed so much cash in the last 5 seasons. 

Unless the player you’re getting is basically a wonderkid or a guaranteed championship performer, free transfers should be the way forward.

Archived