CKR another year?

Eatonram

New contract?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my opinion he’s one of the best strikers in the league. He’s better than Martin last season and many regarded him as one of the best champ strikers around. His technical ability is superb. He’s probably the most physical striker in the league and most importantly he can score goals and get people involved in play. And THEN you think he leads the team from the front. Tells the lads when to press when not to press and gives them the encouragement. For me he is priceless at the moment. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it was Ryan Conway (Athletic) that mentioned in one of his videos, Kazim wants it to happen and Derby want it to happen. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if all new contracts are on hold until Championship safety is secured

Yes, yes and yes. Another one year deal which providing he’s happy with suits all parties. 

Before he kicked a ball he appeared to come with some baggage. But I’ve not seen any signs of this and his emergence in the starting XI has been one of the main reasons for our upturn in form. He seems to be enjoying the love he’s getting from the fans too. 

Has another poster alluded to it’s a funny old game that a free transfer has appeared to be one of our best bit of business in the last 5 seasons. 

Absolute no brainer for me. Leads from the front.  Fantastic attitude and, even more than that more than doing a job for us.  Chris who? 

OK, he may lose a bit as he gets older, and getting 90 mins out of him every game may be a bit of an ask, but he strikes me as one of those players whose fitness belies his age. Even Warnock said if they'd had him they'd have won. Give him another year please, he's great for the club and he puts the fear of God in the opposition. 

Love the guy. Outstanding attitude, impact on the pitch and off. Fit enough to play a role for another season, so absolutely.

A real fan favourite, and disappointed for him that he won't get a stadium of 20k+ chanting his name any time soon to let him know. 

Use Waggy's wages if needs be.

Guess it depends on how Rooney wants to set up his team going forward.

Is how we are playing now Rooneys long term strategy or is it just getting the best out of the resources available to him?

On a personal level, from the outside, seems a great person to have round the younger players.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Guess it depends on how Rooney wants to set up his team going forward.

Is how we are playing now Rooneys long term strategy or is it just getting the best out of the resources available to him?

On a personal level, from the outside, seems a great person to have round the younger players.

The way Rooney seems to set us up isn’t really about his philosophy. He sets us up to win. Wether that be hoofball or pretty tippy tappy football. Emulating Sir Alex atm. We can play football but we can also mix it in the hoofball game. The little chance we’ve seen shows me Rooney will be a top top manager in years to come. Hopefully doesn’t make the same mistake as lamps dod

24 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

The way Rooney seems to set us up isn’t really about his philosophy. He sets us up to win. Wether that be hoofball or pretty tippy tappy football. Emulating Sir Alex atm. We can play football but we can also mix it in the hoofball game. The little chance we’ve seen shows me Rooney will be a top top manager in years to come. Hopefully doesn’t make the same mistake as lamps dod

I think mentioning him in the same breath as Ferguson is ridiculous personally.

Ferguson would never have set Man Utd up to play long ball, but there again he had such skillful players at his disposal that he would never have had to.

I think youre right in that currently Rooney sets us up to counter the opposition, horses for courses, but I am sure going forward he would like to turn us into an attacking team that the opposition has to counter. 

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think mentioning him in the same breath as Ferguson is ridiculous personally.

Ferguson would never have set Man Utd up to play long ball, but there again he had such skillful players at his disposal that he would never have had to.

I think youre right in that currently Rooney sets us up to counter the opposition, horses for courses, but I am sure going forward he would like to turn us into an attacking team that the opposition has to counter. 

I didn’t quite mean that fergie played long ball. I meant that they had the ability to play long ball if needed. That man United 07/08 team could genuinely do everything. We are set up fairly similar under Rooney with the fact that everyone works their socks off defending and we *try* to break quickily and hurt opposition. But that a United team could definitely  play ball and we can play ball at championship standered. I think with the right transfers and use of the contacts Wayne has. He’ll get us up challenging with no problems. 

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Perfect absolutely perfectly put

Archived