CKR another year?

Eatonram

New contract?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

He seems fit, he has enough pace for the role he plays, he is a good motivator in the pitch and has great experience and so far, dare I say it, he doesn’t seem injury prone. 
it’s a yes from me. 

Depends on what we can afford and what our ambitions are for next season 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Zlatan ain't doing that badly at the age of 39. 

I' ve said earlier that 34 is optimal age for a target man. It might be more than that nowadays, 35-36 maybe?

Of course yes, Zlatan...forgot about him. Again, another guy who is technically superb, intelligent, mobile enough & a real competitor. Ronaldo is also still world class in Serie A aged 36.

Maybe with improved understanding of nutrition, sports psychology & conditioning, more players could start playing beyond 35...particularly those players not dependant on raw pace or relentless stamina. Switching sports to NFL, Tom Brady is still winning Superbowls into his 40s in a much more physical & unforgiving sport.

29 minutes ago, Coneheadjohn said:

Club should be ashamed if they don’t offer him something.

Sorry John .. shame has nothing to do with anything. As a comment that is straight out of social medja desire to point a finger. You need to go and work for a tabloid rag 

it hasn’t happened, if it does happen there will be sound reasons for it .. you know, the sort of thing that happens every day when two parties can’t agree on something. .. I am well oiled now so probably over reacting myself .. but the phrasing of your post is at the very best .. unfortunate. 

Player of the year for me so far. People on here were worried how we’d do without Bielik. I worry about how we’d do without CKR. His hold up play and energy is integral to us, and I think his presence and voice on the pitch really lifts the rest of the team. From minute one after joining us his attitude both on and off the pitch has been brilliant and think he was exactly what we needed around the start of December when it was looking pretty hopeless. 

It’s a yes from me. He’s a good player still at this level, and offers us something different which we haven’t had in a while - someone who can get on the end of crosses, win his headers, and score “ugly” goals (not that his goal today was an example of that of course!). He’s surprisingly good in possession too, I’ve been impressed with the way he’s still been able to perform in English football, having been away for a while. 

Do think his decision making leaves a bit to be desired at times mind, he gave away the ball in some dangerous areas today which cost us once, and could have cost us on other occasions too. I’d hope he wouldn’t be first choice next season, but he’s still a good player to have coming off the bench in the short term. I’d give him another year.

Archived