Duane Holmes

David

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

Could argue his last minute volley against Boro, no? 

Definitely, I'd forgotten about that. Just remembered the Preston one as I was sat in the North Stand when it cannoned off the bar. Would have been a good team goal too with how fast we transitioned from defence to attack. 

No doubting that DH has it in his locker to to score a goal like that. Although I get that his one at the weekend sat up nicely off that bobble. 99 times out of 100 that would have balloned into row Z. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
9 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Great winner tonight against the trees. Pleased for the lad and celebrated the birth of his kid. Looks really committed to huds and connected with the fans. 

Always liked him. Glad he got the winner. Thing is, in the pocket dynamo stakes we got the upgraded version in Tommo 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, bimmerman said:

Anyone else hate this whole pointing to the badge lark? Liked him when he was here, solid little workhorse. 

Funny looking back at past posts I did. At that point Thommo had played 7/8 games and hadn’t put a foot wrong. 
I liked Duane and I think Thommo has at least as much potential. 

There are players from our troubled times who did nothing wrong, they were just in a maelstrom of footy and financial politics. Apart from a few knobs most of them can’t be blamed for looking after themselves. 

9 minutes ago, jono said:

Funny looking back at past posts I did. At that point Thommo had played 7/8 games and hadn’t put a foot wrong. 
I liked Duane and I think Thommo has at least as much potential. 

There are players from our troubled times who did nothing wrong, they were just in a maelstrom of footy and financial politics. Apart from a few knobs most of them can’t be blamed for looking after themselves. 

Oh absolutely, don't blame him at all. Came, did a job pretty well, left. No biggie. Seems a nice enough chap

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Your joking mate .  Tapped up his own move whilst contracted here.  Bad as Buchanan and Byrne.

None of them were bad. They were intelligent enough to see the writing on the wall. We were sinking and at their age they had to think fast and for themselves. I don't blame them one bit. Mason Bennett however ? knob of the first order.

Now if you were working for a firm that you knew was struggling to pay its bills, had a lousy order book and that VAT man had just paid an unscheduled visit. Would you be looking for another job ? 

Just now, jono said:

None of them were bad. They were intelligent enough to see the writing on the wall. We were sinking and at their age they had to think fast and for themselves. I don't blame them one bit. Mason Bennett however ? knob of the first order.

Now if you were working for a firm that you knew was struggling to pay its bills, had a lousy order book and that VAT man had just paid an unscheduled visit. Would you be looking for another job ? 

Holmes went a fair bit before the admin.  The other two had contract extensions on the table.  Club goes under they have freedom of movement.  It doesn't they had a guaranteed contract.  They made a choice to leave the club out of pocket. That's my take on it. 

24 minutes ago, jono said:

That’s all fair enough if it’s just another job to you, just don’t go kissing the badge at every club though.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Your joking mate .  Tapped up his own move whilst contracted here.  Bad as Buchanan and Byrne.

Could say the same about any player who has moved clubs. Our very own Jason Knight said in an interview he’s been talking to Bristol City for weeks

9 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Could say the same about any player who has moved clubs. Our very own Jason Knight said in an interview he’s been talking to Bristol City for weeks

With the clubs knowledge and he stuck around last year playing out of position for months without a murmur.  A position someone else who used s******** legality never before used in football should have been filling. Chalk and cheese.