Fraudiola

David

City have definitely bought success, but still, money doesn’t always do that, as we well know. You still have to spend it well. City have certainly done that, and you have to admire the way they are run to an extent - they always recruit to match the philosophy of football they play. A recruitment team closer to home could learn a lot from that...

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

City have definitely bought success, but still, money doesn’t always do that, as we well know. You still have to spend it well. City have certainly done that, and you have to admire the way they are run to an extent - they always recruit to match the philosophy of football they play. A recruitment team closer to home could learn a lot from that...

What's your gripe with alfreton towns recruiting ?

Just now, David said:

Think he’s on about Burton and how they tried to build a team of Derby rejects

west Midlands isnt close to home ?

1 minute ago, Sith Happens said:

west Midlands isnt close to home ?

It’s too close. The place stinks, worse than Grimsby with all the trawlers. If you go to Burton for the day and walk into a pub the next day everyone will turn round and give you that “you’ve been to Burton” look as they hold their noses. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

It’s too close. The place stinks, worse than Grimsby with all the trawlers. If you go to Burton for the day and walk into a pub the next day everyone will turn round and give you that “you’ve been to Burton” look as they hold their noses. 

hmmm not sure I'd agree, I've worked in both burton and grimsby,  burton is a much nicer place. 

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I've always refused to accept that Burton is West Midlands. Feels much more like East Midlands.

it is odd, if you look at the boundary on a map its like it was drawn by someone totally pissed up

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I've always refused to accept that Burton is West Midlands. Feels much more like East Midlands.

East Midlands doesn’t want you, West Midlands doesn’t want you either. It’s a bit like Leicester trying to football rivalry, Burton just wants to be loved geographically but nobody wants to be associated with that smell 

50 minutes ago, David said:

East Midlands doesn’t want you, West Midlands doesn’t want you either. It’s a bit like Leicester trying to football rivalry, Burton just wants to be loved geographically but nobody wants to be associated with that smell 

I lived in Burton for 18 years, and have been coming back regularly since I left, and I’ve never once thought it smells bad, nor has anyone else in Burton said anything. And yet everyone who lives outside Burton says it stinks.

Is it like the smelly kid at school, who doesn’t realise he smells?  

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I lived in Burton for 18 years, and have been coming back regularly since I left, and I’ve never once thought it smells bad, nor has anyone else in Burton said anything. And yet everyone who lives outside Burton says it stinks.

Is it like the smelly kid at school, who doesn’t realise he smells?  

Yes. You’re used to the smell breathing it in everyday, bit like a cat lady who doesn’t realise that having 25 cats in her house stinks of poo

5 hours ago, David said:

You've obviously never worked in the chicken processors in Ashbourne then.

The Celanese wasn't the sweetest smelling odour either.

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You've obviously never worked in the chicken processors in Ashbourne then.

The Celanese wasn't the sweetest smelling odour either.

I worked not far from that. There’s also a biscuit factory nearby. It was a lottery on which way the wind was blowing when it came to opening the office window! Either an amazing smell or chickenshit smell.