Morgan Whittaker

angieram

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Still doesn’t make it a good deal. A necessary one maybe, but that shows just what a mess we are in, and is incredibly saddening.

How do you know how good he will be and how long that might take? His goal was okay, but he scuffed his shot - not really Messi!

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I think he miss kicks it.

He might do well with Swansea, I hope he does because he seems a nice enough lad but already some posters going completely overboard on the back of what was a scuffed shot, wrong-footing the City keeper.

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know how good he will be and how long that might take? His goal was okay, but he scuffed his shot - not really Messi!

I don’t, no one does, that’s the point. But he does clearly have potential, which makes selling him that cheap hard to stomach. If we’d have got more then fair enough, but we’ve basically given him away to pay the wages. Desperately sad situation imo.

What was predictable?  

Well playing a kid that I believe in the junior ranks, largely played up front, down the middle, should struggle largely coming on playing down the wing for ourselves because many thought he hadn’t the physique to play the same role against championship defenders.

Yet Swansea play him in that same role he’d seen him play in junior ranks, he gets a decent turn, shot (scuffed or not) and scores! Odd that eh.

F.w.i.w I think the fee we got was right for what he had shown in our first team, but I do believe others will see better of him, played in a role he’s more suited to thriving on through balls and the type of manner Swansea try to play; time will tell though.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I don’t, no one does, that’s the point. But he does clearly have potential, which makes selling him that cheap hard to stomach. If we’d have got more then fair enough, but we’ve basically given him away to pay the wages. Desperately sad situation imo.

We've thought that about lots of recent youngsters - where are they now? This is still undecided. If he makes it, well the money saw us through. If he doesn't make it, well the money saw us through!