Jump to content

A Derby team of ex Managers


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

Taylor.

C. Powell.

Rowett.

Todd.

McFarland.

Mackay.

Lampard.

Gregory.

Docherty.

Rooney.

B.Clough.

 

I should have said current Manager too

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Other than replacing Rowett for Burley at full back. This is a smashing looking team. I wonder how it would compare to other clubs exmanager teams?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Taylor.

C. Powell.

Rowett.

Todd.

McFarland.

Mackay.

Lampard.

Gregory.

Docherty.

Rooney.

B.Clough.

 

I should have said current Manager too

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is getting hard - That looks good - but no room for FA Cup Winning Full Back George Burley, Cocu and Nigel Clough

Personally Burley in for Rowett (on playing skills not biased by management of our club) Cocu and Clough on the bench ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Other than replacing Rowett for Burley at full back. This is a smashing looking team. I wonder how it would compare to other clubs exmanager teams?

Forest and Leeds, by sheer number of gaffers, would be able to put decent sides together. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Pearson, Simpson ?, Wassall and Crosby on the bench then. If we have dispensation to include a coach as goalie as a specialist position i'd go for Given. Shame we can't include Kevin Phillips. 

Love it - we've got the likes of Rooney, Cocu, Lampard, Mackay, Todd, MacFarland and Clough at our disposal and we're asking if there is a place for Wassall and Crosby plus bemoaning the inability to pick Kevin Philips.

God bless you all, Derby fans 🙂 🙂 ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BobdeBilder said:

I can't understand people picking Tommy Docherty. He was an average player at best that's about it, he certainly wasn't a star. Perhaps people are confusing him with a really great player, Peter Doherty. 

I never saw Docherty play but he got more Scotland caps than Dave Mackay and we know how good Mackay was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Love it - we've got the likes of Rooney, Cocu, Lampard, Mackay, Todd, MacFarland and Clough at our disposal and we're asking if there is a place for Wassall and Crosby plus bemoaning the inability to pick Kevin Philips.

God bless you all, Derby fans 🙂 🙂 ....

Get Phillips on the bench . His 15 goals late on in games means the Double rather than just the league title.😃

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.