Derby v Middlesbrough, Saturday 13th Feb

Kinder

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

It surely is. Had to change something to bring more goal threat. Looks a sensible use of the personnel.

It’ll be interesting to see how the wingers and fullbacks work as they’ve been linking up quite well up to now. 

I’d imagine if the “wingers” have to play more like traditional wingers than more recently inside forwards, then there’s potential for getting in each other’s way as Byrne and Buchanan certainly get up and down the flanks!

When was the last time we played 442? It will be interesting and they’ve had a decent amount of time on the training ground to work on it.

Rooney’s certainly not afraid to change the formation. It keeps the opposition guessing, I doubt Colin was expecting it!

Don’t know how there can only be 1 change after the absolute poo show at Rotherham. No one other than Jozwiak and Kazim-Richards deserved to keep their places after that pathetic collapse. The rest of them really have to repay the faith Rooney has shown in them today, because they are very lucky to still be in that lineup.

Good to see Gregory get his debut, but I’m disappointed Roberts and Mengi aren’t in there as well at least. Looks like a 4-2-4, so we’re obviously going at them.

Archived