Derby v Middlesbrough, Saturday 13th Feb

Kinder

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Same here.

I’m just losing interest. On paper we have a decent side but if we continue to sell players to fund wages and service debts then further decline is inevitable. 

Just out of curiosity, who did we sell that has weakened this team at all? The only major player we've lost is Bielik. 

50 minutes ago, David said:

Patrick Roberts first name on the team sheet.

I’m hopeful that he makes a difference, but......

it probably pushes Sibley further down the pecking order

he’s not our player 

he spent 18 of 22 games for Middlesbrough on the bench, made no starts for Norwich, plus 20 of 26 games for girona on the bench, so doesn’t have a track record of being first name on the team sheet.

Unless you list the subs first ?

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I’m hopeful that he makes a difference, but......

it probably pushes Sibley further down the pecking order

he’s not our player 

he spent 18 of 22 games for Middlesbrough on the bench, made no starts for Norwich, plus 20 of 26 games for girona on the bench, so doesn’t have a track record of being first name on the team sheet.

Unless you list the subs first ?

I see Roberts more of a wide player, Sibley central and it’s difficult to bring him in when Knight, Shinnie and Bielik have tied up that midfield.

Would love to see Knight and Sibley central and Shinnie behind

26 minutes ago, David said:

I see Roberts more of a wide player, Sibley central and it’s difficult to bring him in when Knight, Shinnie and Bielik have tied up that midfield.

Would love to see Knight and Sibley central and Shinnie behind

I’m not sure that since we lost Bielik and Evans we have a holding midfielder. The rest like to run, so let knight and Shinnie do their thing, play Sibley no10, and play Robert's and Jozwiak wide. What we lose defensively would hopefully be offset by what we gain in attack. Don’t think Rooney will do that though. 

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I’m not sure that since we lost Bielik and Evans we have a holding midfielder. The rest like to run, so let knight and Shinnie do their thing, play Sibley no10, and play Robert's and Jozwiak wide. What we lose defensively would hopefully be offset by what we gain in attack. Don’t think Rooney will do that though. 

Sounds good on paper, but for whatever reason I’ve never seen us perfect that 4-2-3-1 formation

1 hour ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

He’s not playing in goal is he?

OK - hands up - bit late with that comment 

For those who did not get it it first time round this was an invaluable post HFHB. I need a laugh today. Would be great to win today. Tough game. First goal wins it probably. I was so enjoying watching Bielik playing. He must be gutted to be injured. Paterson to score, would be great to see him score direct from his goalmouth.

15 minutes ago, David said:

Sounds good on paper, but for whatever reason I’ve never seen us perfect that 4-2-3-1 formation

And therein lies the problem. This team should be good but........aren’t.

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Yep Beilik was the only real out and out cdm in the squad. Evans didn’t really count for me as his best games came at CB, he was too passive for CDM.

Shinnie is the closest we now have for that role, but he isn’t a CDM he’s more a box to box/traditional midfielder. That leaves Bird who’s decent in the role when we’re in control but struggles when the opposition grabs the midfield. 

For me we either adapt the midfield (or go to three cbs) or hope that the young Everton lad is the business!

Archived