Derby v Middlesbrough, Saturday 13th Feb

Kinder

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, like we need promotion form. It’s not rocket science, 4th from bottom will do.....

You’re right it’s not rocket science but, stating the obvious, clean sheets isn’t a prerequisite to getting out of this mess or achieve promotion form. Brentford only have two more clean sheets than us which kind of proves winning is what matters not clean sheets. A 2:1 win is just as valuable as a 1:0 win but, where the goals are going to come from I don’t know.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

It’s hard to get any enthusiasm for football matches for the past 11 months does anyone else feel the same way? 

Not for me - I still really look forward to every game.  There’s bugger all else going on to get excited about! 

And I love being able to watch all the games on TV.  I’m a season ticket holder but only used to go to the odd away game, so it’s great to be able to watch them.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

It’s hard to get any enthusiasm for football matches for the past 11 months does anyone else feel the same way? 

I think what's going on outside of the actual games has got us all down. 

There's also so much football on TV the games all seem to merge together. 

I am certainly less excited than when I go to the games and yes, I have found concentration waning a bit even during televised games. 

We don't really have an exciting player ATM. It's all very workmanlike. 

Don't get me wrong - endeavour is admirable. Just not that exciting. As with the pandemic, there will be better times. 

I keep the faith and will part with my tenner again tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I quite look forward to them tbh - this period for me has made me realise how important match days are to me and before all this my interest was waining - now I can’t wait to get back to pride park. Even if Derby have been pretty poor most of this time ha! 

4 hours ago, Kinder said:

Not for me - I still really look forward to every game.  There’s bugger all else going on to get excited about! 

And I love being able to watch all the games on TV.  I’m a season ticket holder but only used to go to the odd away game, so it’s great to be able to watch them.

Yep, me too. It’s a bit sterile but I’m adapting in the short term waiting for the day when we can do it for real. I’ve stopped plugging lap top in to tv and started watching in my box room on the lap top with a street view. Bring bottle of beer and crisps up with me: Leave girls down stairs. Thinking of putting on Woolley hat and opening window to add a bit of authenticity and wind chill. Latest thought getting mrs Joni to boil some onions without the extractor fan on. 

COYR

Archived