Derby v Middlesbrough, Saturday 13th Feb

Kinder

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need wins and clean sheets (together with favors from other teams) if we are to survive but so do the other teams around us. 

This is going to go right down to the wire and we need to be strong, resilient and hold our nerve, theirs  going to be lots of ups and downs yet. 

Stick with the lads. 

7 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

If Shef Wed beat Wycombe at home tomorrow we will be back in the bottom 3. I think we will have to score 20 goals before the end of the season. I can see CKR and Gregory getting 10 between them but other players will have to step up starting with Boro.

And how pitiful that will be given they started with 6 less points than us. Shocking.

Looking at the table, it looks a tough ask for Wycombe, but then any of the 10 teams above them you could feasibly see going down if they hit a bad run. We're no better than any of those teams so I'm not sure how anyone can be confident we will survive. Equally, I don't think we're really worse either, and we've seen in recent weeks how a couple of wins can shoot you up the table, while a couple of defeats slide you down.

Derby are only 6 points behind Cardiff in 14th. It's definitely all to play for. Do I feel confident? Not especially. But you've got to hope, and got to believe we can finish above three of them.

Well... it's a Warnock team, so we kind of know what to expect. They have had a couple of (relative) thrashings recently due to struggling with injuries in defence. It's clear from their games v Rotherham and Brentford that Dael Fry is a key figure for them... and if he isn't back for this one, I can see CKR having plenty of success up front.

Marshall
Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Buchanan
Baningime
Roberts, Knight, Shinnie, Jozwiak
Kazim

See how Baningime gets on in the 'Bielik role' after longer training with us. Switch to 3 at the back at half time if it isn't particularly working.

COYR ?

Dear Wayne,

On the off chance you have a sly look at DCFC’s leading forum, I just wanted to let you know I’ve got us down for a 2-1 win on Sky’s Super Six. 

I would have gone 2-0 but that bloody Assombalonga always scores against us it seems. Now, I know all my other predictions will be right so if you could tell the chaps to pull their finger out in and around Boro’s 18 yard box that would be greatly appreciated. 

?

On 08/02/2021 at 17:17, Rab a dab doo said:

We need wins and clean sheets (together with favors from other teams) if we are to survive but so do the other teams around us. 

This is going to go right down to the wire and we need to be strong, resilient and hold our nerve, theirs  going to be lots of ups and downs yet. 

Stick with the lads. 

Why do we need necessarily clean sheets to survive?

Archived