6 Nations Rugby - 2021

Comrade 86

Ill discipline killed England. 

Wales just keep ticking the scoreboard over and are good in the breakdown. 

Sonia Mcloughlin interviews with the 2 captains and coaches were embarrassing.

Credit to Farrell and Eddie Jones for shutting her questions down. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England were a collective disgrace. Unintelligent at the breakdown and around set pieces. Completely unfocussed - Daly turning his back assuming that there would be a kick instead the scrum half darted through. Moronic tactics that didn't work and weren't adapted - again! 

Time to pension off Jones I reckon. Has he got Welsh ancestry? Might explain a few of his decisions..... 

Astounded really. By the England penalty count, by the terrible officiating and by Jones' stubbornness. Bear in mind, this is essentially the same team that absolutely dismantled the All Blacks in the RWC semi-final. In fairness, the cracks were appearing before the World Cup but since then they have turned into chasms. That said, Jones will apparently retain the coaching role until after the next World Cup so I don't see anything changing anytime soon. 

I like the idea in rugby that you can't argue with the ref and only the captain can enter into discussions with him.

I also like the way that Eddie Jones came out and said he's not allowed to debate refereeing decisions. 

Seen that Sonia McLaughlin claimed she had loads of Twitter abuse apropros the questions she asked Jones and Farrell after the game which were pretty idiotic.

On 28/02/2021 at 00:42, 86 Hair Islands said:

Astounded really. By the England penalty count, by the terrible officiating and by Jones' stubbornness. Bear in mind, this is essentially the same team that absolutely dismantled the All Blacks in the RWC semi-final. In fairness, the cracks were appearing before the World Cup but since then they have turned into chasms. That said, Jones will apparently retain the coaching role until after the next World Cup so I don't see anything changing anytime soon. 

A few different forwards I think. No lawes, underhill, marler, cole. 

The new boys seemed culpable but itoje, who is a common thread appears to have gone bonkers.... 

12 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

A few different forwards I think. No lawes, underhill, marler, cole. 

The new boys seemed culpable but itoje, who is a common thread appears to have gone bonkers.... 

Underhill and Lawes the only starters from the above mate and the latter by injury default only. Sinkler and Vunipola the preferred choices at tighthead / loosehead and have been for some time. Point still stands I'm afraid, least in my opinion.

And yes, Itoje was a loose cannon vs Wales but he's the least of my worries right now, if I'm honest. I think his performance resulted from the frustration of trying to carry the team as much as anything else. We're paying a heavy price for Saracens greed IMO with all their players so under-cooked its embarrassing.

On 28/02/2021 at 19:15, Tyler Durden said:

I like the idea in rugby that you can't argue with the ref and only the captain can enter into discussions with him.

Strongly agree. It’s a great shame the football authorities will not address this issue in their sport. Especially given the influence that players have on kids’ behaviour...

There seems to be an idea that ‘the passion’ would disappear from football if respect for the ref was enforced. That’s rubbish, as anyone who watches rugby can see 

• 2 weeks later...

What a wonderful game of rugby that was. England back to something like their best and showing the flair and attacking intent that saw them into the RWC final.

Feel for France who could have levelled the game had they not elected to go for touch in the final minute, but it was a call entirely in keeping with the manner in which the game was played and they were immensely gracious in defeat.

What a contrast to the absolute dirge Derby again served up today ?

43 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

What a wonderful game of rugby that was. England back to something like their best and showing the flair and attacking intent that saw them into the RWC final.

Feel for France who could have levelled the game had they not elected to go for touch in the final minute, but it was a call entirely in keeping with the manner in which the game was played and they were immensely gracious in defeat.

A great game, very entertaining. A lot of ball in hand too, which tends to help, along with fewer penalties and no cards. Very pleasing to see.

4 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Wonderful to watch. Fancy France for the next World Cup though 

On 15/03/2021 at 07:34, Van der MoodHoover said:

Decent game yesterday between Ireland and Scotland too. The game is a far better spectacle with the ball in hand. 

Still expecting France to do Wales in Paris. 

we have rode our luck through this six nations , i cant see us beating france either but.... no one give us any hope this year after terrible autumn series of games 

stoke Derby 3pm

on to

france v wales 

my Saturday sorted 

Derby wales double 6/1 ?

3 hours ago, OUTSIDER said:

we have rode our luck through this six nations , i cant see us beating france either but.... no one give us any hope this year after terrible autumn series of games 

stoke Derby 3pm

on to

france v wales 

my Saturday sorted 

Derby wales double 6/1 ?

France will take some beating as will Stoke 

On 17/03/2021 at 12:28, OUTSIDER said:

stoke Derby 3pm

on to

france v wales 

my Saturday sorted 

Derby wales double 6/1 ?

Wales have ridden their luck but they've also made a fair share of their own too. It's not their fault that other teams have lacked discipline. It's a critical part of the game these days especially where player welfare is concerned and rightly so. Teams also can't be giving away dozens of penalties for basic infringements either as England have clearly proven. I fear France may be a step too far but it's either going to end up as a successful 6N or a madly successful one. Not a bad place to be.

On 17/03/2021 at 12:28, OUTSIDER said:

stoke Derby 3pm

on to

france v wales 

my Saturday sorted 

Derby wales double 6/1 ?

I should have said - I have absolutely nothing against Wales or the Welsh folk.... It's just I think France are playing the better stuff just at present. 

I'd always personally prefer a win by the British Isles team against the cheese eating surrender monkeys.... ?

Archived