Assistant Manager

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Nope Mel is at the top, pretty sure there is some statement about no involvement in day to day football

I haven't seen such statement but if there is, the sight of Mac coming from the stands to dugout doesn't really support that. I'm not sure how familiar you are with business structure's but yes, Mel as a full owner is of course at the top. Directors are the top level management level and managers the middle level. 

As such, Mac is higher on the hierarchy than Rooney, not his assistant which was the original question. No matter is his contract temporary or not.

2 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I haven't seen such statement but if there is, but the sight of Mac coming from the stands to dugout doesn't really support that. I'm not sure how familiar you are with business structure's but yes, Mel as a full owner is of course at the top. Directors are the top level management level and managers the middle level. 

As such, Mac is higher on the hierarchy than Rooney, not his assistant which was the original question. No matter is his contract temporary or not.

Yep I understand corporate structures it is my job.  You are quite correct it is ridiculous to suggest that Mac is or will be his assistant.  That was bait but I regret that it was not me that cast it.

13 hours ago, Asanovic70 said:

The whole team needs a good number 2. We're suffering from the football version of constipation when it comes to goal-scoring.

For a moment, at Birmingham, I thought the Immodium in the pre-match tea worked but, alas, normal lack of service has been resumed.

So who takes Immodium when you are already bunged-up? I think a large bowl of stewed of rhubarb is required.

Either that or six pints of Pedigree just on the turn.

• 2 months later...

You do have to wonder what criteria lead to Rosenior being judged as an outstanding coach/manager. The team has been a disaster whilst he's been here. We don't see what's going on behind the scenes though. Maybe he's actually brilliant, or maybe he just says the right things to the right people. I can't imagine many Derby fans losing much sleep if he is 'poached' by England though.

It's hard to know what's going on behind the scenes however, it was probably going to happen at some point as Wayne probably wants his own people in and Rosenoir wants to be top boy somewhere.

Can't say his time here has coincided with a huge amount of success, but there's more going on than one member of the coaching staff.

Archived