53 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The name I have been told is Frank Lampard.

Sounds completely unbelievable to me but the person who has told me, I do know has a good contact within the club.

He has got things wrong before though and I really dont see this happening. 

Just wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything. 

If I had known LR had officially been appointed assistant manager I would not have even created this thread!

Not a cat in hell’s chance.

54 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The name I have been told is Frank Lampard.

Ok thanks @G STAR RAM. I've been looking a right idiot recently down at the timber yard telling all the Derby supporting lads that Phil Jones is lined up, Tom Ince, Dursun, Niasse... told them Louie Sibley was off to Rangers on deadline day. 

Hopefully this bit of info will restore my reputation when I hit em with it tomorrow morning!

2 things, 1, if Roseoir gets offered a gig as number 1 somewhere they'd be a vacancy and 2, Rosenoir wasn't Rooney's choice and at som point he want someone who is his man - but I can't see that being an immediate thing given the tam and results have improved.

My guess would be someone is sounding out Rsenoir to get a manager's job, and thus Rooney is sounding someone to replace him when/if he goes. My guess is also that it's all the informal chat stage, but Rooney knows Rosenoir wants to be a manager and if they have a good relationship he's probably mentioned it to be helpful.

ZERO chance Lampard is going to be an assistant to anyone at this point.

The whole team needs a good number 2. We're suffering from the football version of constipation when it comes to goal-scoring.

For a moment, at Birmingham, I thought the Immodium in the pre-match tea worked but, alas, normal lack of service has been resumed.

1 hour ago, ziggyram59 said:

Just my opinion but I think Wayne needs a good experienced number 2 like Mike Phelan. Think Rosenoir and Given not experienced enough. Problem is there's not many good number 2's out there. 

I would agree with this, but I think McClaren plays this role. He’s clearly offering advice and support, even if he’s keeping his boots clean by letting Rosenior et al do the coaching.

As for the rumour of Lampard as assistant, behave.