Patrick Roberts - Gone to Troyes on loan

inter politics

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They want rid of him - not warnock’s type of player biggish wages - they were hoping to sell assombalonga to Bristol for £2 million and get his huge wages off the wage bill but looks unlikely because he won’t reduce his wages so Roberts needs to move off the wage bill 

I hope we have no real interest. Just happy to string (Man City and) Middlesborough along right up to 11.00 and bugger up their plans. Have that Gibson you curly haired ******.

Edited by i-Ram
****** Clue. Someone who flips pancakes.

6 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Ah, I see now that we were never interested in Mendez-Laing, this was all just a ploy to get Roberts! Derby conjuring up transfer magic as per.

Rooney and Mel playing 4D chess while Steve Gibson chokes on that little race car you use in monopoly ?

Anybody know CPR ? .......poor chap , might have been the Scottie dog , does he have allergies ? ......AND we could sue him for cruelty to the poor thing!!

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I hope we have no real interest. Just happy to string (Man City and) Middlesborough along right up to 11.00 and bugger up their plans. Have that Gibson you curly haired ******.

If we sell Waghorn and we might because he is out of contract if we get anything worth taking and this lad has played wide right 

31 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

Because he looked an outstanding young player, playing as an attacking left back and stood out above any around at that time, including Ben Chilwell. The left backs then were Leighton Baines and Luke Shaw. After his move to Manchester City he has always played as a winger, mainly on the right, but one I hoped one day he could end up here. Stagnated at Middlesborough under Warnock.

I can't find any record of him ever playing Left Back in his career

26 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If we sell Waghorn and we might because he is out of contract if we get anything worth taking and this lad has played wide right 

You are of course correct Sparkle. I am letting my dislike of Gibson get in the way of sound thinking. Tidy player is Roberts. Hopefully he has a good work ethic.

35 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Are we not going to wind up in one of those insane situations if we sell him for a million quid, where his value is held against us.  Don't really understand that rule.  Perhaps it's because I mentally switch of from this scenario where we extend a players contract that we don't want just to avoid it . Seems crazy. Don't know if they even take into account depreciation in value due to age and injury with this crap. 

34 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You are of course correct Sparkle. I am letting my dislike of Gibson get in the way of sound thinking. Tidy player is Roberts. Hopefully he has a good work ethic.

I think Rooney has an eye for a good work ethic, anyone not putting in a shift-and-a-half is out on his arse.

Edited by Grumpy Git