George Edmundson

Kyle guest

11 hours ago, DCFC1976 said:

Bizarre, Mendez-Laing not played for ages not match fit and sacked by his previous club, and this guy disciplined by his club and again not match fit?! ?

Ahh what it must be like to be pure as driven snow, a pillar of moral rectitude and responsibility at 20 something.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Topram said:

Do we need to Centre backs? We’ve got 2 playing brilliantly and fozzy who can cover? I’d rather just get 1 and try for 2 attackers 

If one CB gets injured or suspended and Fozzy is playing at LB because of a problem with Lee, it helps to have cover.

12 minutes ago, Topram said:

Do we need to Centre backs? We’ve got 2 playing brilliantly and fozzy who can cover? I’d rather just get 1 and try for 2 attackers 

Yes as we currently have none for next season, so if this is a loan with a view to a permanent it makes sense

Perhaps Rooney is conscious of the fact that we could be very slim on possible centre backs come the summer.

Davies has probably played his last game. Clarke is on loan, no guarantee he'll be here. Wisdom is solid, but is also our current RB cover so what happens if Byrne is out? Evans on his way out, Bielik injured, Buchanan and Forsyth shaky at best when played in the centre.

If we're bringing him on loan with a view to a possible permanent, or using a loan as opportunity to bed him in before deciding on a longer-term move then it makes sense. Whatever happens, we'll need some bodies in at CB before next season, so getting some in as early as possible could be good planning in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Well it is working at the moment, if it ain’t broke and all that...

Completely irrelevant if it's working Jesus Christ man , we literally have no cover forsyth is crap there Evans is being sold and we have no decent youth centre backs , what happens if clarke gets injured? Have wisdom and forsyth at centre back with ethan Wassal on the bench? Really don't think people on here are grasping how important cover is for the starting 11 in a season thats 46 games WITHOUT CUP GAMES

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Perhaps Rooney is conscious of the fact that we could be very slim on possible centre backs come the summer.

Davies has probably played his last game. Clarke is on loan, no guarantee he'll be here. Wisdom is solid, but is also our current RB cover so what happens if Byrne is out? Evans on his way out, Bielik injured, Buchanan and Forsyth shaky at best when played in the centre.

If we're bringing him on loan with a view to a possible permanent, or using a loan as opportunity to bed him in before deciding on a longer-term move then it makes sense. Whatever happens, we'll need some bodies in at CB before next season, so getting some in as early as possible could be good planning in my opinion.

Wisdom is out of contract in the summer too

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Wisdom is out of contract in the summer too

Wasn't sure on the contracts of each player, but I imagine it'll be renewed if he's going to be the only fit CB owned by the club at the end of the season.

Just now, Kernow said:

Wasn't sure on the contracts of each player, but I imagine it'll be renewed if he's going to be the only fit CB owned by the club at the end of the season.

Can only be renewed if he is happy to stay and with the offer, same for Waghorn

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

Completely irrelevant if it's working Jesus Christ man , we literally have no cover forsyth is crap there Evans is being sold and we have no decent youth centre backs , what happens if clarke gets injured? Have wisdom and forsyth at centre back with ethan Wassal on the bench? Really don't think people on here are grasping how important cover is for the starting 11 in a season thats 46 games WITHOUT CUP GAMES

No no no.....calm down and take a breath. You have misunderstood my point. Of course we are short at centre back. I do follow the team. My point is, despite bringing a couple of centre halves in, which we definitely need, I would stick with the current pairing until we are forced in to a change. Is that ok with you. Now sit down and take a chill pill ?

3 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Sassy Drama Queen GIF

Archived