Mendez-Laing - joined Boro

Fraser_23

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky Sports reporting that he's on his way to Middlesbrough (poor lad) for a medical.

I don't know whether Rooney would have preferred Roberts or NML, but it seems as though this move is allowing us to have Roberts. I'd have been happy with either, however if we end up with Roberts permanently then it could be a better deal for us long-term at least.

38 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Sky Sports reporting that he's on his way to Middlesbrough (poor lad) for a medical.

I don't know whether Rooney would have preferred Roberts or NML, but it seems as though this move is allowing us to have Roberts. I'd have been happy with either, however if we end up with Roberts permanently then it could be a better deal for us long-term at least.

Only time will tell on this. 

At at least Roberts is not carrying any "baggage" with him.

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Any chance Old Trampie was the mysterious backer the sheikh was relying on this time around?

I think there’s more chance he was the original backer. Can’t see him relinquishing control over his six shopping trolleys once he’d seen the full accounts.

Back on topic.  Trampie’s ambivalent on NML. On one hand he respects anyone who also shouts at lampposts. On the other he’s worried his secret stash of White Lightning is at risk.

?

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Sounds like this one isn’t happening then. Disappointing to miss out to Middlesbrough of all teams, but I’m not convinced we really needed him.

I think they have pulled off a good one here.  More than likely he will be at least average and they can recoup money easily.  Checkered past so no certainty but I think he will be a star

6 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I think they have pulled off a good one here.  More than likely he will be at least average and they can recoup money easily.  Checkered past so no certainty but I think he will be a star

It’s never a massive risk signing a good Championship player like him on a free. Worst that will happen is you’ll lose some wages, but there’s potential for a lot better.

Be a bit gutted if this one goes south. I really rate the lad and definitely think he'd improve us over all. Also a tad concerned that the sneaky little, perma-perm, gobshite Gibson will engineer a way to not only steal NML, but also to delay the Roberts deal so we end up with neither. I was going to threaten to drop a bomb on the Rivershite Stadium if he did, but then it occurred to me it'd probably improve it. Can't win ? 

18 minutes ago, Spanish said:

He’s 28 and has never pulled up any trees. Got kicked out of Peterborough and they put up with Marcus Maddison ?

The only team that would splash money on this lad would be Forest. And even then only if their squad numbers dropped below 200.

34 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Be a bit gutted if this one goes south. I really rate the lad and definitely think he'd improve us over all. Also a tad concerned that the sneaky little, perma-perm, gobshite Gibson will engineer a way to not only steal NML, but also to delay the Roberts deal so we end up with neither. I was going to threaten to drop a bomb on the Rivershite Stadium if he did, but then it occurred to me it'd probably improve it. Can't win ? 

He’d be stupid if he did. Sure way to damage relations with Man City recruitment 

Archived