Mendez-Laing - joined Boro

Fraser_23

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Is that Morgan Whittaker in 2031? ???

Maybe it’s because I’m 6’5” and even twenty years ago was running at fifteen odd stone that I’m not impressed with NML’s beast mode ?‍♂️ To me he’s more Firestarters bigger brother.

Just had a chat with Trampie. He says stop being churlish (least I think that's what he said!) He also said that you're as slow up and down the pitch as your are to open your wallet whereas NML has 'wheels' - I think? Anyways, 'yous been 'telt' apparently!

He also said he's still waiting on that bottle of Bucky you promised him (pretty sure he referred to it as TrampChamp?!?!) and lots of other stuff that sounded a bit sweary but I can't be sure as I was running away at the time ?‍♀️ 

18 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Is that Morgan Whittaker in 2031? ???

Maybe it’s because I’m 6’5” and even twenty years ago was running at fifteen odd stone that I’m not impressed with NML’s beast mode ?‍♂️ To me he’s more Firestarters bigger brother.

Get you! If you are as rapid, dexterous and have similar technique, then I'll accept your dismissive comments! He looks explosive.

9 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Just had a chat with Trampie. He says stop being churlish (least I think that's what he said!) He also said that you're as slow up and down the pitch as your are to open your wallet whereas NML has 'wheels' - I think? Anyways, 'yous been 'telt' apparently!

He also said he's still waiting on that bottle of Bucky you promised him (pretty sure he referred to it as TrampChamp?!?!) and lots of other stuff that sounded a bit sweary but I can't be sure as I was running away at the time ?‍♀️ 

He knows his football does Old Trampie, although he missed out ‘all arms and legs’ and ‘the aerial ability of George Evans’ when describing the younger me ?

On NML, I’ll take your word for it. But I’ve just checked and he came on at the hour mark at PP for Cardiff last season. Can’t remember thinking  ‘Ooh no we’re done for now’ or ‘Ooh what a brute of a man’ ?

10 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I don't suppose Old Trampie had any updates on the takeover; in particular any issues with due diligence? 

I know it's been playing on his mind. 

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Think Big Ass might be going to Bristol City, swap for Djedhiou.

Surprised at that, thought Bristol would be looking for a bit more in terms of cash. 

Big wage for Assombalonga to be adding to a 33 million wage bill.  About 60k a week at Boro. What will Mr Poppabollox make of that.  Probably too busy entertaining himself with Bieliks injury.  

12 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Mendez-Laing is more of a winger than an out-and-out forward.

It gets worse for him if he’s wanting to play on the wing then!

Bolasie, Johnson, Watmore, Roberts, Akpom and Tarvernier are their current wingers.

30 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Surprised at that, thought Bristol would be looking for a bit more in terms of cash. 

Big wage for Assombalonga to be adding to a 33 million wage bill.  About 60k a week at Boro. What will Mr Poppabollox make of that.  Probably too busy entertaining himself with Bieliks injury.  

The two biggest whining victims in the league swapping expensive assets while we wheel and deal with freebies and loans.

I’m sure they’ll not see any irony!

If all links are true and Mengi, Edmundson, Baningime and Gregory all come in on loan, that takes up all of our loan slots that we can use in a matchday squad. We still need a winger in my opinion... so would be limited to freebies. I'd be straight on the phone to NML... one of the best 'free' options out there at the minute (unless we fancied giving someone like Nathan Dyer a 6 month contract), regardless of disciplinary issues (of which I'm not aware of the full facts).

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I don't suppose Old Trampie had any updates on the takeover; in particular any issues with due diligence? 

I know it's been playing on his mind. 

Slightly off topic but when I asked Old Trampie about the sheikh he claimed to have spent a convivial evening at Boujis with him in the mid nineties. Kate Moss was there too.

Anyway, I say convivial but when Old Trampie got up to leave he found out the sheikh had left with out paying his bar bill. Left Old Trampie three grand out of pocket.

Safe to say he’s not a big fan of the sheikh these days!

Archived