Mendez-Laing - joined Boro

Fraser_23

4 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Agreed , definitely a good player also had a good season in 2009 in the prem with Cardiff, but would take months to get match fit so it's a tough one 

Normally I would agree but with 7 games in 25 days his match fitness will soon pick up

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't take much googling to find out what people believe was the reason for sacking. Not something we need sround the club if true.  All been quiet since and no mention of court cases so maybe it was an internal rather than legal issue. 

As a player I think he could offer something if he gets fit, but any of this stupidity is true then better to avoid. 

1 minute ago, Rample said:

Doesn't take much googling to find out what people believe was the reason for sacking. Not something we need sround the club if true.  All been quiet since and no mention of court cases so maybe it was an internal rather than legal issue. 

As a player I think he could offer something if he gets fit, but any of this stupidity is true then better to avoid. 

What's the general consensus of what happened?

Beggars can’t be choosers.

Don't get what people turning their nose up at him expect, there’s a very decent championship winger sitting out there for free. No transfer fee, Rooney’s running a tight ship and he will count his lucky stars to get a chance at a club the size of ours, no matter how turbulent things are right now. Hopefully will get his head down and work, if not he’ll be someone else’s problem come the summer.

Well worth the risk, we need an impact attacker and it’s always nice to have a Nathaniel in there ?

Not for me. 

i want a left footed left winger, and a younger player.

we already have Lawrence, and Jozwiak for the right. Plus Mitchell-Lawson. And Ibe. And Waghorn favours playing on the right. 
on the left we should be using sibbo, plus a.n.other. 

he’s left two teams under dubious circumstances. No idea what he did wrong. But twice?

Apparently he's spent most of the end of 2020 in Dubai working on a 1:1 basis with Benzema's personal fitness coach so will likely be fitter than Ibe.  Ibe hadn't played a single game in a year. This guy was key for Cardiff end of last season and did full pre season. Lots of Cardiff fans think MM should be re-signing him.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Not for me. 

i want a left footed left winger, and a younger player.

we already have Lawrence, and Jozwiak for the right. Plus Mitchell-Lawson. And Ibe. And Waghorn favours playing on the right. 
on the left we should be using sibbo, plus a.n.other. 

he’s left two teams under dubious circumstances. No idea what he did wrong. But twice?

Lawrence has played on the left the majority of his career. Jozwiak favours the left. Mendez Laing, Waghorn on the right. 4 options. Knight in the middle. Add Sibley to the mix, I’d be happy with those options. 

Archived