Mendez-Laing - joined Boro

Fraser_23

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We won today. They were good enough, Bird looked great in 2nd half. Where would any player slot in straight away? Oh yeah for Waghorn definitely!

We were great today, absolutely. I guess what I meant is we need a strong bench with players ready to step straight in if needed, not players a month away from being available. 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

We were great today, absolutely. I guess what I meant is we need a strong bench with players ready to step straight in if needed, not players a month away from being available. 

Christ, we have to take what we can get and do the best with it. Beggars can't be choosers. Trust Wayne we do.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Christ, we have to take what we can get and do the best with it. Beggars can't be choosers. Trust Wayne we do.

Maybe I just have higher standards Roy?. I do trust Wayne though 

40 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

He's always seemed to have decent physical attributes and a trick or two. I think there's something in there to be unlocked. If Rooney is confident he can get him to knuckle down and reach his potential then I'm very happy with this as a cost-effective signing. He'd offer some extra physicality and directness that our other wide options don't have.

Plus another wide option could hopefully free up Knight to play in midfield centrally I'd hope 

If we do ..... and I actually hope we do providing he’s coming with the right attitude but it confirms to me rooney is moving us into be a more physically powerful side that’s more adapt at championship football then the power puff nicey nicey lot we were before 

10 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

If we do ..... and I actually hope we do providing he’s coming with the right attitude but it confirms to me rooney is moving us into be a more physically powerful side that’s more adapt at championship football then the power puff nicey nicey lot we were before 

How long have we said it? We need pace and power. 

Don’t get this one at all.

You would have thought we would have learned from the Ibe situation.

Mendez-Laing is definitely a useful player but considering our limited resources, signing another player with personal problems who hasn’t kicked a ball in months doesn’t seem sensible to me.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Don’t get this one at all.

You would have thought we would have learned from the Ibe situation.

Mendez-Laing is definitely a useful player but considering our limited resources, signing another player with personal problems who hasn’t kicked a ball in months doesn’t seem sensible to me.

Agreed , definitely a good player also had a good season in 2009 in the prem with Cardiff, but would take months to get match fit so it's a tough one 

Archived