Mel Morris against all odds

dcfcreece1601

Thought he deserved a bit of recognition today , he's found a way again in dark times to give yet another manager funds to work with,  after all the finance issues currently going on , he's rolling the dice again, we all know there's been some potentially dodgy dealing over the last few years , but he's consistently backed managers and genuinely wants what is best for the club , a few weeks ago I was part of the group that thought it was best to get rid after hearing about shiny rich money coming in , then it dragged on and fell though and suddenly its better the devil you know than the one you don't and now it looks like Mel is still the best option , hopefully rooney doesn't waste the backing he given and signs some decent players,  then who knows what's on the horizon? COYR ? ? ? ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but wonder whether all that's gone on recently might actually play into our hands in the longer term. Could the revival under the plain-speaking, no-nonsense Rooney, breathe life back into Mel's love affair with the club?

Wazza didn't come into the manager's role with the same sort of fanfare as Lampard, Cocu or even Clement, indeed he seems to have ended up in the job almost by default. Could it be now that Mel, akin to doubters like myself, has warmed to Wazza and might now perhaps be thinking, 'Ah, duck it, I'll stick a few more million in. We're doing OK right now, and I can't take it all with me'.

I actually think they could be a bit of a dream team, to be honest. Very different characters but they could well prove complementary. Perhaps he should be, but Mel does not seem as dazzled by Wazza's star as he has been with other appointments and if so, it might be something of a blessing. Perhaps it's just me seeing what I want to see again, but before the Bielik injury and again after a 20 minute sulk, I really enjoyed watching us today. Maybe, just maybe, Mel did too?

In placing his trust in Rooney, perhaps he'll end up stumbling on the magic recipe that's eluded him up to now and in doing so, regain the respect and trust of the fans. Giving Wayne some cash to spend, with everything that's going on in the background, does speak to a growing sense of belief that actually, and despite how it came about, Wazza just might be the perfect manager for the club right now. 

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

I love Mel as much as the next man but so far all I can see is that we've sold Holmes, accepted bids on Evans & Whittaker, likely selling Gordon, have left Marriott on loan at Sheff Weds and signed nobody ?

They are all to fuel the real Madrid raid we are doing tomorrow ??

Great news that he’s seemingly decided to start funding the club again. With the takeover falling through, I don’t know what would happen to us if he decided he’s 100% had enough and gave up on us entirely. Administration, being bought by asset strippers etc would have all been possibilities. Hopefully Mel puts in enough money now to sort our mess out, and get the players in which we need to keep us in this division. That should enable him to sell us in the Summer to some legitimate buyers this time, and get his 60m.

Archived