Rams@Millers 3/2/21 - Matchday thread

Rev

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, roboto said:

Would've thought that one of the U23 forwards might be on the bench while Gregory isn't available.

It's the team we all expected though.

If we're chasing the game I think we'll see Sibley come one and that's it. Unless we're being totally dominated and we need a new tactic (we won't be). If we are winning comfortable I think we'll see the regular defensive changes and possibly a debut few minutes for Mengi.

We were 1 man short of naming a full 20 man squad. Whichever U23 player took that last spot was never going to play tonight (they all played last night (most playing the full 90). We've rewarded one of the best performers who happens to play in a position where we're pretty weak at the moment. It's a bit of experience to prepare him for when he might actually be needed.

Cresswell and Duncan were the options if we wanted to give a spot to a forward. I don't think Cresswell will be with us beyond this season and Duncan still needs to prove himself. I'm not surprised we haven't included either.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

This time it would actually suit us for it to be off. We don't really lose momentum as we're playing in a few days anyway, and all of our signings will be eligible rather than just Mengi.

Absolutely, stronger team and bench next time.

Gives Rooney more chance to prep for Saturday and gel the new boys a bit in training tomorrow/ rest of the week too.

Not fussed by the cancellation, think it will work in our favour this time.

On 01/02/2021 at 16:11, ImARam2 said:

At least the pitch will be in a better condition and playable than PP.

Rotherham are a 'brutal' team, all muscle, long balls and running, and not afraid make a foul and take a booking when needed.

If we've got the extra experienced players, either from the start or as subs, then we'll win this game.

You were saying?

2 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Barnsley aren't playing midweek so I think that this is a blessing in disguise for Saturday innit? 

No one has ever seen Rotherham and Barnsley play each other. For many years they just kept swapping leagues so I thought it was literally the same club. Now, I think it’s like South Yorkshire Red Socks and South Yorkshire White Socks. 

2 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Once again postponed at the last ducking minute! Both teams are playing on the same pitch, just play the thing! ?

just make sure they wear appropriate footwear df8549933ec860b3e865400ed9f13d9e.png.bc4db0a5522a92b89d3bb7afd337bfdf.png

8 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

The fact they're in the championship and have a pitch that's unable to hold games in the rain and snow needs to be looked at. There has to be a certain level of ability to hold games, this isn't a pub league. It's a new ground too, why wouldn't they just build it properly? It's completely tinpot.

Don't think we'd have fared much better tonight.

Archived