Rams@Millers 3/2/21 - Matchday thread

Rev

22 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

When I speak with coaches, one of their biggest frustrations is their team selection being leaked to the opposition before the requisite hour. It does their head in, because they believe the element of surprise is a significant advantage. Which leads me to think it's worth shaking it up so Rotherham don't face what they're expecting. I don't see switching Waghorn and Sibley does anything to make our team less physical. 

The big difference is at set pieces. General play would be pretty similar, except with Waghorn they know they can gamble on a loose first touch, or with Sibley that he'll try to take his man on 95% of the time.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well it's been absolutely persistently raining all day here - if that's similar to South Yorkshire then I don't see how their paddy field will be any less sodden for this evening ?

Just had a big ol’ dousing of rain in Sheffield for about 20 minutes. Hopefully it’s not made it’s way any further north. Surely they’ve downloaded a weather app today and got the cover on?

,Got the feel of a semi final this one. If we lose then overhyping it will have backfired but Wayne reckons that the players are motivating each other now. It is developing into a bit of a dogfight at the bottom of our league so this is nearly a must win game from a confidence point of view rather than just the points. Make no mistake, Rotherham plan to win this game.

46 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My uncle got very close to about 40 k once if memory serves.  Had an accumulator on 3 winning horses and put it on 8 draws at the footy- 7 came off .  Last game was Sunderland- Chelsea.  I watched it with him on the Sunday and all was going well till Phillips took a shot  and Duberry scored an OG with his arse sending the keeper the wrong way.  2-1. He took it fairly well all things considered.

Funny but also sad. Rams are due some good Luck, whatever that is.

32 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The big difference is at set pieces. General play would be pretty similar, except with Waghorn they know they can gamble on a loose first touch, or with Sibley that he'll try to take his man on 95% of the time.

Very true what you say GofC. 

2 hours ago, Ramslaar said:

Yes that's correct.anyone that says that's harsh...rotherham can also field there new signing that other wise wouldnt play. personally dont think rooney will change it apart from the bench maybe..but those new players need to earn the place in the team first.

We need a reliable RW now.

56 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My uncle got very close to about 40 k once if memory serves.  Had an accumulator on 3 winning horses and put it on 8 draws at the footy- 7 came off .  Last game was Sunderland- Chelsea.  I watched it with him on the Sunday and all was going well till Phillips took a shot  and Duberry scored an OG with his arse sending the keeper the wrong way.  2-1. He took it fairly well all things considered.

You sure you are not getting confused with Graeme Le Saux and his arse. Allegedly he took it fairly well all things considered.

Archived