Jason Scotland - Wigan

derbydan

Nigel Clough is ready to battle Bristol City and Burnley for Wigan striker Jason Scotland. Derby boss Clough wants to take Trinidad & Tobago international Scotland on loan for the season at Pride Park.

Scotland, 31, was a £2m buy from Swansea last summer but only managed one goal in the Premier League.

be brilliant if true definately an accomplished championship striker :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loan? Clough and the Yanks out!

Now we've pleased the moaning gits I agree Dan, hasn't quite found his feet in the Premiership but can certainly find the net in the Championship. Only problem is that if Bristol City and Burnley are both seriously interested then we don't stand a chance I'm affraid.

I think someone has hacked his account again, say we loan him for a season he'l be 32 and on Premiership wages. I'd be happy with a loan for a season but I think as a permanent signing we should be looking around the 21-26 age mark for a striker.

well judging by clough's signings he doesn't really take into account injuries, e.g porter and commons. Yes a fee would be involved, you make transfer fees seem like poison daveo, the club CAN afford a fee for a player, also because of this 25 man squad ruling for the premier league he may be willing to take a pay cut to play regualr football rather than rotting in wigan reserves. There is no winning, hooper was too young without enough experience, now scotland is too old with too much experience and with too high wages, if somone was 26 and had poven himself time and time again in the championship derby county still wouldn't sign him tbh, because they ould find a needless fault with him

With this 4-2-3-1 formation we only need 1 out and out striker, for that I would like to see us have 1 decent backup and 1 youth player looking to make the step up.

I don't see signing a 31 year old striker for a fee and letting a 30 year old striker that we was offered £3m for just last season go on a free.

I'm guessing if this story is true Clough isn't confident on the fitness of Porter and Hulse at the moment.

We haven't got vast sums of money available, Savage retires at the end of this season, we will need a replacement for him and that's where I would like to see a decent amount of money spent, plus give Hulse another year deal.

well bailey is supposed to be the replacement for sav isn't he, hulse will go in the summer on a free becasue clough and the board obviously dont want him here, In my opinon daveo there is no money with the yanks, i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a penny in all honesty. They have milked the cash cow derby county, they even sold off rights for food for 4 million quid. Yes a loan for scotland would be good, but will it happen?

We have operated at a profit for the last couple of seasons, they are happy to take a nice big pay cheque while investing a big fat nothing in the process. Also, yes the debt managent is great but do you remember the promise they made the club when they came in, we want to be the enxt aston villa, we are following that plan which randy lerner did, have they followed that?

well judging by clough's signings he doesn't really take into account injuries, e.g porter and commons.

1) clough didn't sign commons Jewell did

2) porter didn't have a terrible injury record -

Porter instead opted to join Motherwell on 3 July 2007 and his debut season with them proved to be a huge success. Porter scored 15 league goals, finishing as the club's top goalscorer and joint third highest in the league, helping Motherwell finish third, seven points clear of fourth placed Aberdeen and qualify for the 2008/09 Uefa Cup. Porter had a successful start to the 2008/09 season, hitting 9 goals in the first half of the season, but Motherwell's disappointing league form saw him linked with a move back to England in the 2009 January transfer window. On 29 January it was revealed that Porter was on the verge of a £425,000 move to Football League Championship side Cardiff City, but the move was hijacked by Derby County, who signed the player for an undisclosed fee. During his time at Motherwell, Porter scored 27 goals in 65 games in all competitions. - so 1 1/2 season with motherwell 65 apps 27 goals hardly bad injury record

well yes derby dan, but when i mentioned why is porter injured at derby a lot, daveo pointed out that he had only 1 full seaosn without injury under his belt that's why i mentioned him, also i think clough did sign commons, not 100% but im pretty sure he did. Also where have the yanks invested? they have reduced the wgae bill by 50% and tbh i havn't seen any of this investment at all

Archived