Happy 12th Birthday

Day

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, David said:

RRC, was she on COYR’s with the Snoopy avatar?

Yes, her name was Jo and Charingworth knew where she lived. Never knew what she looked like or anything personally. Saddened me a lot as I used to spend ages trying to get a bite off her, good natured of course. 

18 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

From RonnieRonalde:

AF5E8728-3B15-4929-88B6-021E09BAAC31.thumb.jpeg.50699f120892a3903649b7245a2ed5ce.jpeg

Had some great debates with him over the years. I think the accusations of NC being racist after the Cywka thing properly upset Ronnie. 

I actually miss him and would welcome him back on a probationary period if the rules allowed it. 

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Yes, her name was Jo and Charingworth knew where she lived. Never knew what she looked like or anything personally. Saddened me a lot as I used to spend ages trying to get a bite off her, good natured of course. 

I did nip over and found the thread, from concern to the announcement was tough to read and made me think myself I should really create a document of some sort with passwords etc. that if the worse happened to myself. Leave it with a couple of people I trust, the missus and someone else (not @Boycie).

We all gather in these online platforms, not knowing each other, but knowing each other. Would hate to think that it would all collapse and relationships lost if I was to die.

Definitely given me food for thought and as to why I have been open today with where members are to my knowledge.

I don't know if you are in touch with anyone that runs the forum, but if they need any help with coding, put them in touch. Would be happy to help for free (not takeover in anyway), more forums/communities the better. Different atmospheres suit different people, but like pubs.

3 minutes ago, David said:

I did nip over and found the thread, from concern to the announcement was tough to read and made me think myself I should really create a document of some sort with passwords etc. that if the worse happened to myself. Leave it with a couple of people I trust, the missus and someone else (not @Boycie).

We all gather in these online platforms, not knowing each other, but knowing each other. Would hate to think that it would all collapse and relationships lost if I was to die.

Definitely given me food for thought and as to why I have been open today with where members are to my knowledge.

I don't know if you are in touch with anyone that runs the forum, but if they need any help with coding, put them in touch. Would be happy to help for free (not takeover in anyway), more forums/communities the better. Different atmospheres suit different people, but like pubs.

How much coding knowledge do you have? I assumed this was all done from a template.

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

How much coding knowledge do you have? I assumed this was all done from a template.

Started to create websites around 15 years ago, I have done more than this forum and competent in HTML, PHP and CSS. 

There are a lot more clever people than me out there, but I know what I'm doing and it's a bit more than "just a template"

I mean theres 456 people that downloaded a Night Mode theme I created for this software that was just through just CSS changes. 

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9383-night-mode-theme/

I also know the Leicester City forum Foxes Talk uses the same base night mode theme as this forum....as I sold it him.

So yeah, I feel like I could help them if needed. They use a freemium software version that only limits them to my knowledge anyway, they won't have access to the software files etc. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Started to create websites around 15 years ago, I have done more than this forum and competent in HTML, PHP and CSS. 

There are a lot more clever people than me out there, but I know what I'm doing and it's a bit more than "just a template"

I mean theres 456 people that downloaded a Night Mode theme I created for this software that was just through just CSS changes. 

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9383-night-mode-theme/

I also know the Leicester City forum Foxes Talk uses the same base night mode theme as this forum....as I sold it him.

So yeah, I feel like I could help them if needed. They use a freemium software version that only limits them to my knowledge anyway, they won't have access to the software files etc. 

Nice.

You still do much of that sort of business outside of the forum?

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Nice.

You still do much of that sort of business outside of the forum?

I still maintain work that I created yeah and manage hosting, but don't really take new projects on unless it's for a friend or someone I know. Small circle to keep me going if you like. 

3 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

I wondered if there were some coders on this forum.. Clojure is my tipple.

I've disliked coding ever since our teacher told us were were doing a GCSE in IT before randomly changing us onto a computing course halfway through the year. Our teaching then consisted of a hodgepodge of Code Academy, clueless supply teachers and copying the coding geek's work (no offence intended).

Somehow managed to scrape an A.

6 minutes ago, David said:

I still maintain work that I created yeah and manage hosting, but don't really take new projects on unless it's for a friend or someone I know. Small circle to keep me going if you like. 

My website needs updating, the amount of calls I get from the real experts telling me it could be improved.

Archived