Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

11 minutes ago, jono said:

I think part of the reason we haven’t seen Sibbo is, as someone said - the red card waiting to happen, I suppose that could be said about Waggy but Waggy knows it and knows he has to curb it. I am not sure Sibbo with the enthusiasm of youth has that self knowledge. You might risk him if we were in a more comfortable position .. A couple more wins for the team and if he is grafting with the U23’s then he might get a go. Just a little time and patience from us and Louis .. all will be well, there’s a good football player under construction. I reckon we will know in a year or two if he is another Mason Bennett or grows to be a championship Paul Scholes. 

Only one thing wrong with your comparison - red card counts! ? Think it's more to do with defensive support than potential attacking prowess. 

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

Is that supposed to be a question? ?

Just irks me to see uninformed negativity. You compared Sibley to Mahrez and Mbappe, 2 players with a combined value of over £200m! Using that to try and substantiate your point about not rating Sibley I just find very crass

You should be referring to more relevant comparisons like Adam Idah at Norwich (scored a hattrick in the FA Cup)

You seem to be getting very defensive. 

Ok Sibley is the next superstar at Derby. 

Mad I said in my first post it’s difficult to have a view on Sibley as people get so upset. 

I find your comments most insulting and I don’t think you would say them to my face 

Just now, Curtains said:

You seem to be getting very defensive. 

Ok Sibley is the next superstar at Derby. 

Mad I said in my first post it’s difficult to have a view on Sibley as people get so upset. 

I find your comments most insulting and I don’t think you would say them to my face 

Offence is taken, not given. You choose to voice your opinions, expect rebuttals

Just now, YorkshireRam said:

Offence is taken, not given. You choose to voice your opinions, expect rebuttals

Couldn’t care less mate. 

Ive not been derogatory to Sibley just given constructive criticism.

Im more interested in DCFC winning games to get safe than worrying about one player  

I understand our current situation keeping him out. But that's also an argument to play him as he's the only player who can bag a brace out of nowhere. 

The best place for him to learn, as with any young player, is playing in the first team. 

I'm starting to grow concerned over the handling of both Sibley and Bird. 

Bird is not a DM. Sibley needs to play. 

20 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Perhaps it's fair to say that Sibley does not obviously fit into this WR team. 

But I guess we don't know how we might set up next season with a fresh start and without the spectre of relegation. 

Then we might see again. 

I think you're definitely on to something there, Mr Moodhoover! 

30 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Perhaps it's fair to say that Sibley does not obviously fit into this WR team. 

But I guess we don't know how we might set up next season with a fresh start and without the spectre of relegation. 

Then we might see again. 

Spot on.

Really dont see the set up in the last 2 matches being how WR wants to see us playing.

All about getting us safe.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Only one thing wrong with your comparison - red card counts! ? Think it's more to do with defensive support than potential attacking prowess. 

I think your right there. Waggy is all over the pitch. A bit headless at times but at the moment he has an all round something to give a struggling team. I think Sibley will be more effective when our backs aren’t to the wall. 

3 hours ago, Uptherams said:

I understand our current situation keeping him out. But that's also an argument to play him as he's the only player who can bag a brace out of nowhere. 

The best place for him to learn, as with any young player, is playing in the first team. 

I'm starting to grow concerned over the handling of both Sibley and Bird. 

Bird is not a DM. Sibley needs to play. 

I think you have a point with Bird. DM isn’t his natural game but when Rooney played alongside him it worked well enough.

He isn’t a Bielik though. For me he is dead centre middle .. always looks a bit light if he has to play tough guy alone. Not surprising given his age, size and experience. In terms of development it is a case of “needs must” .. I think if we end the season well and the takeover/ownership/structure of the club stabilises we might see both of them deployed in a way that suits them better.  

26 minutes ago, jono said:

I think your right there. Waggy is all over the pitch. A bit headless at times but at the moment he has an all round something to give a struggling team. I think Sibley will be more effective when our backs aren’t to the wall. 

TBH I think Sibley will be more effective when he gets more experience - he's a better footballer than Waghorn, lets hope he can apply himself and his footballing intelligence.

1 hour ago, jono said:

Waghorn has been pretty bad since he's returned. Constantly losing the ball or making poor passes. He's not contributing much at all right now. 

6 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Waghorn has been pretty bad since he's returned. Constantly losing the ball or making poor passes. He's not contributing much at all right now. 

I accept that Waggy hasn’t been in great form but he does bring something .. he covers, works for the team and despite the fact that it isn’t his role, he does break up play pretty well. He is a bit of a disruptor and doesn’t get pushed around. Add in that he can strike a mean corner. I am not worried if Wayne sets up a team without him but have no problem if he is in the line up. I know he is a 100% team player without an ounce of mardy in him. 

He’s 19!! 19 for crying out loud! To think anyone can make a judgement on him one way or the other at such an age is beyond me. Maybe he’ll turn out great and maybe he won’t that’s what happens with young prospects. I remember thinking Miles Addison would go on to greatness but he didn’t. To say Sibley is this or that is beyond bizarre in my view as he has so much time to learn and progress, why judge him at 19?

Wasn't a proper standout performance today but hopefully he's done enough to encourage Rooney and his staff to increase his playing time. He's one of the few (alongside maybe Jozwiak) players at the club who is willing to run with the ball at the opposition defence and take risks. I know there are concerns with his discipline, but he's never going to improve with that by sitting on the bench until the 85th minute every week. When Bird, Shinnie and Knight start, the latter is regularly being played in a role that seems ideal for Sibley and no matter how hard he works he just doesn't offer the same attacking threat that Sibley can. 

8 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Wasn't a proper standout performance today but hopefully he's done enough to encourage Rooney and his staff to increase his playing time. He's one of the few (alongside maybe Jozwiak) players at the club who is willing to run with the ball at the opposition defence and take risks. I know there are concerns with his discipline, but he's never going to improve with that by sitting on the bench until the 85th minute every week. When Bird, Shinnie and Knight start, the latter is regularly being played in a role that seems ideal for Sibley and no matter how hard he works he just doesn't offer the same attacking threat that Sibley can. 

I said this in the match thread;

A word for Sibley, I've said that his decision making, with and without the ball, needed to improve if he is to establish himself in the first team and he was superb with it tonight. He passed when he should've, he tracked back, helped Buchanan out more than what Jozwiak did, made a vital block a few yards out, and got the flick on in the build up to the goal. 

He carries on like that then he will be back in the starting line up in no time, he just needs to back it up with another performance.