Roony doing a good job

B4ev6is

Well since roony took over levels of performances are miles better than they were under cocu but what roony going to do under this window we need another striker and a defender but with take over taking ages his hands are slightly tied at the moment so he working with players he has we gone from being bottom of the league to out of bottom of the league. If we had roony as manager at start of the season maybe we be near top of the league. But way he works with young players but also with older players he gives his know how. What will be key in the summer and what funds he is given I think roony wanted a fa cup run but unluckly our players went down with cov 19 and force to play under 23 and under 18s side I think if we had more first time players we would beaten that side with ease.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well since roony took over levels of performances are miles better than they were under cocu but what roony going to do under this window we need another striker and a defender but with take over taking ages his hands are slightly tied at the moment so he working with players he has we gone from being bottom of the league to out of bottom of the league. If we had roony as manager at start of the season maybe we be near top of the league. But way he works with young players but also with older players he gives his know how. What will be key in the summer and what funds he is given I think roony wanted a fa cup run but unluckly our players went down with cov 19 and force to play under 23 and under 18s side I think if we had more first time players we would beaten that side with ease.

I agree with you. He’s been like a breath of fresh air. Has instilled a winning mentality, injected great team spirit and getting everyone to work hard individually and as a team

knows who his first choice players are and offloaded ones that don’t fit in with his approach

long may  he continue

I was very dubious about Wayne. Couldn't see it in him. BUT. His calmness on the sideline is wonderful. The simplicity which he seems to have brought to our game, the organisation, asking players to do jobs they're capable of doing well...speaks of a proper manager in the making to me. I saw someone else on here the other day asking if he can recruit at a similar standard. If he can, we're looking golden.

Other factor in the mix is Steve McClaren. Been there, done eveything in the game, but always struck me as more of a coach than a manager. The wingman, not the main event. It may just be that with those two in tandem, we have the best managerial structure since Jim Smith and Steve McClaren, or even since Arthur Cox and Roy Mac. It could be that right at the end of his tenure, Mel has stumbled upon the perfect blend he's been searching for these 5 years. Maybe one more throw of the dice Mel? Please?

Rooney has a big advantage on lots of previous managers at Derby - he has seen what they can at close quarters and what they can’t do and he also knows what their attitude is like, which has saved a lot of time knowing what is needed and who can do the jobs required 

He’s doing a good job so far, having pulled us out the relegation zone, at least for the time being. Far too early to judge him fully yet though, one way or the other. Probably at least another month until we have a clearer indication of how well he is doing. He needs to keep us out the relegation zone now we’ve escaped, and extend that gap to a safe distance.

Been a breath of fresh air to be honest, what’s surprised me the most is how well he’s conducted himself in the media/interviews. He clearly has got a good football brain especially with Steve Mc in the stands helping too. Let’s hope he can carry on with the recent results and have a good crack at it next year with a settled boardroom team

I was skeptical of Rooney. We were in a mess (lets be honest, we still are) and we needed experience, which Rooney didn't have. Also, and quite significantly, new managers coming in often get a reaction because of the psychological shift that knocks everyone out of their respective ruts, but Wayne not only didn't have that, he was part of the existing regime both as a player and on the fringes of the coaching side (yes, he was learning and observing but it's about perception). So he had alot against him.

And yet he's done a very good job under very difficult cirmumstances. Take the two game spell of  Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham out of the equation and he's actually done as well as you'd expect anyone to have been able to do. He deserves a great deal of credit for that.

Doesn't mean he's going to work out long term but the signs so far have been very positive.

Frank who?

Archived