Frank Lampard

Day

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

My Chelski supporting mate is none too impresses with Frank whining that the duff signings are not his fault. 

Mind, hes even less impressed at some whispers that Shevchenko is among the front runners to replace him.....?

Perhaps Uncle Arry, Ferdinand and Drogba can start a social media and Radio campaign singing his praises for a month and change his mind.

They do seem rather absent at the moment however. Funny that.

Matt Law, Football News Correspondent

25 JANUARY 2021 • 9:43 AM

Frank Lampard to be sacked by Chelsea

Manager has been under pressure after slump in form

Lampard saw his team win on Sunday 

Frank Lampard is set be sacked by Chelsea less than 24 hours after the club's FA Cup victory over Luton Town.

Confirmation could come as soon as today after Chelsea players were told not to report to the training ground until this afternoon.

Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

TALKSPORT Just reported this too, can’t say I feel any sympathy for the bloke. 
Hopefully if things go well with WR here, this may provide foresight into where his bread is buttered. 

Just wait for the 'Wayne Rooney favourite for the Chelsea Job' headlines at lunch time.

I have a degree of sympathy with Lampard much the same as with David Moyes with Man Utd - when a huge club come calling do you then turn the opportunity down knowing that you may never get the opportunity ever again in your career?

Am sure Lampard didn't need warning about Abramovichs trigger finger being at Chelsea for so long in his career so he went in there with eyes wide open. 

As the playoff final against Villa testified Lampard is some way from being a complete football manager so will be interesting to see where he goes from here. 

Lampard weirdly has had too much choice especially in the forward areas. He's got Giroud, Werner and Abraham fighting for the same spot up front. Then he has at least 7/8 options in the attacking midfield positions. Funnily enough, he had the same problem with us. Signing players on big money who dont fit into his system. I thought he would have learnt his lesson.

I've just had a conversation with a mate about this, who mentioned he should've stayed with Derby. I massively disagree, it's not a problem with Chelsea, it's a football issue. He would've absolutely been sacked as Derby manager at some point and received a much lesser pay off. He will get a new job now and inevitably get sacked from that - it happens. 

The last five seasons, between all the English league clubs, there have been: 52, 60, 67, 63 and 74 sackings. 52 being an outlier due to Covid. We can consider roughly half the clubs in the English professional leagues will sack their manager each season. I find that absolutely barmy. I used to find it intriguing, but now I just find it boring.