Graeme Shinnie

SamUltraRam

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This is a genuine question and not a wind up, @Norman. Still a League One player

In Cocu's team, and what was asked of him, yeah. 

In a team that presses, harries, isn't very nice, likes to tackle and disrupt the other team, obviously not. 

I've already held my hands up on that though. Rooney has got the best out of him. And I hope it continues. 

On the flip side, some of his performances as we headed towards the bottom of the league were atrocious. But I now blame the management at the time rather than the players. 

He’s come in for some stick on here. I’ve always backed him because I could see what he brings to the table and how well his qualities suit this division.

Im delighted to see him doing so well and has now made himself an integral part of the team.

Every team in this division need a Shinnie type player in the side!

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Good enough as backup for Knight

But realistically, what does Knight offer apart from running? There’s no creativity, he’s always on the floor and for a player who plays in a more forward position, there’s no goals. 

We rave about him like we do Buchanan but both are looking poor. 

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

This is probably right. He can only look good by association.

It’s the thing with that type of player, even Kante.

Everybody assumes that, because a midfielder likes a tackle, they’re a holding midfielder who can do ALL of the dirty stuff. 

They still need somebody sitting to give them the freedom to break rank, press and tackle.

I mention Kante because even he needed Drinkwater and Matic to look good.

10 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

But realistically, what does Knight offer apart from running? There’s no creativity, he’s always on the floor and for a player who plays in a more forward position, there’s no goals. 

He got 6 goals last season in 35 appearances, which was decent enough so he does have it in him. 

Unfortunately Rooney cannot get any creativity out of his attacking midfielders and wide players.

Look at Waghorn - 12 goals last season. Look at Sibley - 5 goals in 17 appearances, now can't get into the team.

4 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Knight's key attributes are his energy and his running off the ball (and he has a decent shot). He's currently struggling because he's not suited to the more advanced positions we are playing him in, put him a bit deeper in a balanced 3 man midfield and I suspect he thrives again. 

Archived