ARE WE THAT BAD OR UNLUCKY

plymouthram

3 hours ago, Malty said:

To me this is so much about fitness. Under Rooney he emphasises again and again working hard. He had ten years under Ferguson, whose teams worked harder and were fitter than anyone. Hence the phrase fergie time.

No Fergie time alluded to the extra time the referee would add onto the end of a game invariably at Old Trafford when Man Utd were either drawing or losing.

The classic example of this was towards the end of the season when Man Utd won their first title under Ferguson and Utd were losing 1-0 against The Wendies at Old Trafford. 

The referee added on a very generous amount of extra time potato head Steve Bruce duly scored the winner deep into injury time and the rest as they say is history.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the players has said that they didn't enjoy training under Cocu, suggesting that the players hadn't bought into Cocu's philosophy, or had bought into it, then discovered what they'd bought and promptly sold up again. It is also clear that with the intention on silky, smooth passing the ball to death didn't require as much of a focus on fitness, which clearly showed.

AS has been said, Rooney and his team are doing something right in terms of fitness. I don't think that Stevie Mac is having much of a controlling say in team shape and tactics, although he won't be silent either. But I wonder whether or not he is involved in training, because that was something which he was really good at.

Gary Player (the golfer) once said " the harder I practice the the luckier I get.

Converse while we have continually changed tactics, personel and suffered from low morale the 'unluckier' we will have become.

Once everything behind the scenes is settled with Club only then can 'we' completely focus to matters on the pitch. 

Then and only then will we truly be able to judge Mr Rooney's abilities as a motivator and coach. 

45 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Once everything behind the scenes is settled with Club only then can 'we' completely focus to matters on the pitch. 

Then and only then will we truly be able to judge Mr Rooney's abilities as a motivator and coach. 

As an observation I saw the same thing commented by a number of posters regards Cocu until they realised drastic action needed to be taken - we need to wait until the injured players come back before we can judge him, we need to wait until he's had at least one more transfer window and so on.

As you may have already gleaned by now time is a very precious commodity when it comes to football management.

I think the way we played under Cocu looked good in some areas stats wise, but in reality was terrible. It's unfair to judge this season as a whole because of how different we are with and without Cocu. We were lucky against QPR to get the win but QPR owe us an infinite amount of luck until the end of time anyway.

7 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I think the way we played under Cocu looked good in some areas stats wise, but in reality was terrible. It's unfair to judge this season as a whole because of how different we are with and without Cocu. We were lucky against QPR to get the win but QPR owe us an infinite amount of luck until the end of time anyway.

DON'T REMIND ME!!!!

Archived