Mel Morris - The Good, The Bad and The Boycie

Mostyn6

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

You think your season ticket money has gone into Mel’s pocket? 

You know what, you’re post is unbelievably pathetic and cringeworthy and you’re response to me is totally dismissive of hard working loyal supporters. 

When you challenged him about going into the dressing room at half time what right did you have, was that not classless too?. 

Rather than get into a heated slanging match I will sit back and watch others laugh at your attempt at claim to fame. 

WHAT A POST, WILL TAKE SOME BEATING THAT 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Shaftesbury st said:

You know what, you’re post is unbelievably pathetic and cringeworthy and you’re response to me is totally dismissive of hard working loyal supporters. 

When you challenged him about going into the dressing room at half time what right did you have, was that not classless too?. 

Rather than get into a heated slanging match I will sit back and watch others laugh at your attempt at claim to fame. 

It’s not dismissive. As a hard working and loyal fan, I think clawing back money at the expense of the club for something outside of their control is hurtful to the club, and thats not aimed at you in reaction, its my genuine belief. I do believe many clubs are not refunding fans, albeit maybe Premier League clubs. 

what you do with your cash is your own decision. But my opinion for me is that if i could afford to buy the Season ticket in the first place, the money is gone. 

As for the claim to fame comment, believe it or not, it was included tongue in cheek to amuse a certain moderator who never lets me forget it. 

I think you’re taking things a bit personally, no way should my post wanting Mel to stay on, effect you so adversely. Sorry

6 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I took that as a genuine question... 

Do you feel Mel is pocketing the/your cash? 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

It’s not dismissive. As a hard working and loyal fan, I think clawing back money at the expense of the club for something outside of their control is hurtful to the club, and thats not aimed at you in reaction, its my genuine belief. I do believe many clubs are not refunding fans, albeit maybe Premier League clubs. 

what you do with your cash is your own decision. But my opinion for me is that if i could afford to buy the Season ticket in the first place, the money is gone. 

As for the claim to fame comment, believe it or not, it was included tongue in cheek to amuse a certain moderator who never lets me forget it. 

I think you’re taking things a bit personally, no way should my post wanting Mel to stay on, effect you so adversely. Sorry

Apology accepted, entitled to you’re opinion but I pay for a season ticket for something in return which I haven’t had, like many others. If I can afford to lose it or not is immaterial

I would love Mel to stay, that’s no secret. 6 of the last 7 years have been some of the best years of supporting this club in my life. 

We could argue all year over decisions that may have cost us, but the reason we are in the Championship still is ultimately down to the players and the management at various times at the club. 

He’s come under fire recently and it’s been particularly hard to read, I’ve avoided any attempts to “defend” him as it’s pointless task, fans are angry, frustrated, and understandably so. Being the man at the top will always put the target on your head. 

Knowing how much he cares about the club though, as much as all of us on here, the personal wealth and hours he’s put into running this club, I just think it’s incredibly disrespectful. 

I don’t know the personal reasons that Sky are reporting why he wants to sell the club, so I would find it hard to sit here and ask him to stay. 

Let’s be honest, he’s not a young man and with a global pandemic destroying the world we live in, I would not blame him for wanting to walk away with what money he has and spending more time with family and friends.

Owning a football club is a thankless job, just look at the state of this forum when we lose a game, I’m not that selfish enough to sit here and beg him to stay for more.

I am truly gutted how his tenure may end, football fans have very short memories and a relegation battle could be his legacy, what he is remembered for, not the 6 years of promotion challenges, doing everything he could to compete with clubs at the top with parachute payments.

Only now with hindsight strong opinions are being formed, but I don’t recall them at the time, a few grumbles but the majority seemed happy to go along with the signings after the baron spell of dreaming for Shaun Barker type fees.

The protracted takeover, whatever the delays, whatever was agreed just feels like another kick in the balls for a man that openly admitted he never wanted to solely own the club, but did so as he felt there was no ambition to take this club forward.

He’s given a lot to this club, and city, whatever his decision is I fully respect it and I hope we can find a conclusion which is best for this club and for Mel personally. 

I hope when that day comes, we are far away from the bottom 3 as possible and these past few months do not tarnish his legacy. Regardless of your opinions, he does not deserve that. He really doesn’t. 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Dear Mel, I hope this post finds you in good spirits. 

I may have taken you for granted and neglected to show you gratitude and appreciation for your endeavour and dedicated commitment to my club, my second heartbeat, my beloved rollercoaster, Derby County Football Club. 

In recents weeks, I’ve been facing the real, very real, and very cruel prospect of losing you and you leaving with an undeservedly negative legacy. 

I have made no secret recently that I’d rather you stay, and secretly hoped this deal would collapse, and by current media reports, it has done so. 

I attended Breakfast at Moor Farm, I was the bloke who said you shouldn’t have gone into the dressing room, your response, misjudging me, was that I expected you to spend all your money, but keep your mouth shut. You were wrong then and would still be wrong. 

Many here can testify that my belief has ALWAYS been better plans, better coaching, better decisions, and never spend spend spend. I want players hitting 7/10 performances, not £7million signings. 

So, let’s put all this talk of selling up behind us eh? Find your mojo, and re-engage that next level superbrain of yours and stick to what you was doing. 

Most reasonable fans accept that we (you) can’t keep throwing money at the club, and accept that if there’s a period of cutting our cloth accordingly, then so be it, but with someone we know and trust doing it, and in position to enjoy the success when it comes! 

in summary, please don’t go. 

There are posters here that will point to their perceived errors they believe you have made, I personally think you’ve made good decisions for a few seasons now, that were great at the time. I will always think sacking McClaren twice ruined feelgood factor but I believe you know this. 

Right, so what I want you to do is help fix this wages malarkey, help our Wayne fix our league position, then take your place at the head of the table and lead us to stability and success. DONT QUIT!

download (1).jpeg

32 minutes ago, sage said:

I have no idea what your opinion of Nigel Clough was.

I am unlikely to remember as he left 8 years ago.

Being male, I would not harbour a grudge for that length of time anyway.  

I would, I have held one for 46 years.

I was waiting for the statement that no one was grumbling when we paid large transfers fees for players, I would have also expected that the person writing those cheques would have an amount of responsibility to be able to mitigate how they were going to support those payments without putting the club ten miles in hock or having to sell the stadium to wriggle out of a FFP sanction.

So no that statement is totally invalid in isolation. 

13 minutes ago, David said:

I would love Mel to stay, that’s no secret. 6 of the last 7 years have been some of the best years of supporting this club in my life. 

We could argue all year over decisions that may have cost us, but the reason we are in the Championship still is ultimately down to the players and the management at various times at the club. 

He’s come under fire recently and it’s been particularly hard to read, I’ve avoided any attempts to “defend” him as it’s pointless task, fans are angry, frustrated, and understandably so. Being the man at the top will always put the target on your head. 

Knowing how much he cares about the club though, as much as all of us on here, the personal wealth and hours he’s put into running this club, I just think it’s incredibly disrespectful. 

I don’t know the personal reasons that Sky are reporting why he wants to sell the club, so I would find it hard to sit here and ask him to stay. 

Let’s be honest, he’s not a young man and with a global pandemic destroying the world we live in, I would not blame him for wanting to walk away with what money he has and spending more time with family and friends.

Owning a football club is a thankless job, just look at the state of this forum when we lose a hand, I’m not that selfish enough to sit here and beg him to stay. 

I am truly gutted how his tenure may end, football fans have very short memories and a relegation battle could be his legacy, what he is remembered for, not the 6 years of promotion challenges, doing everything he could to compete with clubs at the top with parachute payments.

Only now with hindsight strong opinions are being formed, but I don’t recall them at the time, a few grumbles but the majority seemed happy to go along with the signings after the baron spell of dreaming for Shaun Barker type fees.

The protracted takeover, whatever the delays, whatever was agreed just feels like another kick in the balls for a man that openly admitted he never wanted to solely own the club, but did so as he felt there was no ambition to take this club forward.

He’s given a lot to this club, and city, whatever his decision is I fully respect it and I hope we can find a conclusion which is best for this club and for Mel personally. 

I hope when that day comes, we are far away from the bottom 3 as possible and these past few months do not tarnish his legacy. Regardless of your opinions, he does not deserve that. He really doesn’t. 

I try and preface most of my remarks by noting he had good intentions.  I don't deny he has been generous with cash. And I'm sure he cares. And I agree it's his right to stop spending. 

But it's not disrespectful at all to express a view that he's made bad judgments and to have a view that his legacy is not great (no stadium, increased debt etc).  That's an opinion based on factual observations.  And it's also not all hindsight. There's been a lot of debate on here about ffp throughout

2 minutes ago, Gritty said:

I try and preface most of my remarks by noting he had good intentions.  I don't deny he has been generous with cash. And I'm sure he cares. And I agree it's his right to stop spending. 

But it's not disrespectful at all to express a view that he's made bad judgments and to have a view that his legacy is not great (no stadium, increased debt etc).  That's an opinion based on factual observations.  And it's also not all hindsight. There's been a lot of debate on here about ffp throughout

What do you mean “no stadium”? 

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

What do you mean “no stadium”? 

The club don't own the stadium. Mel does in a separate company.  If he sells the club, there's no guarantee he sells the stadium.  He may keep it and lease it to us. That rent is 'dead money' we never had to pay before.  It would need to be funded by income the club generates from fans. 

Archived