Sisters of Mercy

Leonard Cohen

Green Day

Black Crowes

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Foo Fighters

Levellers

Loved the Smiths, but Morrisey going all far right has really tainted them now

...and the Stone Roses are the most over-rated band of all time.

........and the Stone Roses are the Stone Roses............quality.

Billy Bragg, The Clash, Spear of Destiny, The Flaming Lips, Wilco, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Bob Dylan, The Byrds, Martin Stephenson, The Wedding Present, The Pixies, The Stranglers, Teenage Fanclub, Paul Heaton, Leonard Cohen, The Stone Roses, The Charlatans, Lloyd Cole, Trashcan Sinatras, Mercury Rev, Ride, The Cure, Paris Angels, Gavin Clark, Sunhouse, Clayhill, The Smiths, Morrissey, The Undertones, Buzzcocks, The Staple Singers, Tim Burgess, Joy Division, New Order, Alabama 3, The Pixies, British Sea Power, Natalie Merchant, 10,000 Maniacs, Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, James, Echo & The Bunnymen, Cockney Rejects, UK Subs, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Of Monsters And Men, The Specials, Saint Ettiene, Gary Numan etc etc etc etc.

My first gig was in 1983 to see Gary Numan The Warriors tour at Aberdeen Capitol and I love all sorts of music and have attended hundreds of concerts since, seeing the same artists many times over. I've been back stage at Brixton Academy with Billy Bragg, met The Stone Roses on Sauchihall Street the first time they played Glasgow Green in the early 90's when I was on the guest list with friends, and have chatted to Shaun Ryder, Bez, David Gedge, Martin Stephenson etc and I will forever love music.

Slightly obsessed with The Wedding Present, as I've seen them play live over 80 times. I'm currently putting a folder together with the ticket stubs I've kept, I've found 76 of The Wedding Present so far.

The folders of all the other bands ticket stubs I've kept will keep me busy until the day I die.

20 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Billy Bragg, The Clash, Spear of Destiny, The Flaming Lips, Wilco, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Bob Dylan, The Byrds, Martin Stephenson, The Wedding Present, The Pixies, The Stranglers, Teenage Fanclub, Paul Heaton, Leonard Cohen, The Stone Roses, The Charlatans, Lloyd Cole, Trashcan Sinatras, Mercury Rev, Ride, The Cure, Paris Angels, Gavin Clark, Sunhouse, Clayhill, The Smiths, Morrissey, The Undertones, Buzzcocks, The Staple Singers, Tim Burgess, Joy Division, New Order, Alabama 3, The Pixies, British Sea Power, Natalie Merchant, 10,000 Maniacs, Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, James, Echo & The Bunnymen, Cockney Rejects, UK Subs, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Of Monsters And Men, The Specials, Saint Ettiene, Gary Numan etc etc etc etc.

Not many on there that wouldn't be my collection. 

On 26/01/2021 at 17:18, CornwallRam said:

Heaven 17

Sisters of Mercy

Leonard Cohen

Green Day

Black Crowes

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Foo Fighters

Levellers

Loved the Smiths, but Morrisey going all far right has really tainted them now

...and the Stone Roses are the most over-rated band of all time.

Heaven 17 kind of stands away from the rest.  Stones Roses... very naughty

36 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

My first gig was in 1983 to see Gary Numan The Warriors tour at Aberdeen Capitol and I love all sorts of music and have attended hundreds of concerts since, seeing the same artists many times over. I've been back stage at Brixton Academy with Billy Bragg, met The Stone Roses on Sauchihall Street the first time they played Glasgow Green in the early 90's when I was on the guest list with friends, and have chatted to Shaun Ryder, Bez, David Gedge, Martin Stephenson etc and I will forever love music.

Slightly obsessed with The Wedding Present, as I've seen them play live over 80 times. I'm currently putting a folder together with the ticket stubs I've kept, I've found 76 of The Wedding Present so far.

The folders of all the other bands ticket stubs I've kept will keep me busy until the day I die.

You're going to have quite a dilemma when you're finally invited onto Desert Island Discs.

52 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

You never disappoint. Legend.

Was driving home today when The eighties matchbox B-line disaster played on the radio.

I love it when a artist you'd completely forgotten about re-enters your consciousness, and now all that music is just a click away.

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Pretty much most of them that I know would be on my list!

Just realised I missed the in out! 

Should have been "Not many on there that wouldn't be in my collection." 

Although obviously because of my forum moniker one stands out above the rest. 

21 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I like a couple of Frank Turner's songs but I've never really listened to any of his albums or anything. Might give it a go.

Beans on Toast is great. Afternoons in the Sunshine, A Whole Lot of Loving and M.D.M.Amazing are particular favourites.

I'd recommend going back to his first albums.. Poetry of the Deed and Love, Ire and Song to get a feel for him. For me, that really helped appreciate what he was all about. 

All of his albums have great songs. Even listening to the ones that I initially didn't like as they weren't fast or catchy enough I came to love. (Journey of the Magi a perfect example amongst many many more) 

Unbelievably, FT actually opened the London Olympics where he sang 2 songs at the Olympic Stadium. That really was a wow moment for me.. God knows how he must have felt from playing to a few hundred to 70 odd thousand! 

A fanboy? Me? Hell yeah!! 

I liken my obsession to him as my love for Dcfc-once it hits, it never leaves! 

15 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Heaven 17 kind of stands away from the rest.  Stones Roses... very naughty

Heaven 17 is an age thing. From being into Showaddywaddy as a kid I got into futurist stuff as an adolescent. I still listen occasionally to Yazoo, Japan, Human League, Depeche Mode and Soft Cell from the era, but Heaven 17 is the one I return to the most.

14 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Clue in my profile . The one and only Steven Patrick MORRISSEY !! 

The gut is without doubt a musical genius, and combined with Mr Marr they were absolutely the voice of a generation.....but his opinions of late have done a great deal to soil the beautiful image of him...unfortunately.

Archived