Oumar Niasse

DCFC1388

We have obviously had to wheel and deal. Having someone who can play in a very Colin style sounds exactly what we want if we are going to sustain that for 95 minutes every game. Gregory sounds a good use of limited funds. With Bielik's injury, we probably made a late decision to bring in a replacement who would have cost funds that might have been allocated elsewhere. Having not paid the players we did have for several weeks, it's no surprise we're not able to bring in all the extra players we might want in ideal circumstances. I genuinely didn't expect to find myself saying it, but for now I think "Trust in Wayne". He's earnt that with how he's transformed things in a short space of time.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

We don’t need him now we’ve got Gregory instead anyway

From the little I know of him I think he would give us a different option to Kaz upfront. However, at his age (30) I don't see him signing a short-term contract to the end of this season whilst he's still got a chance of a 2 or 3 year deal elsewhere - time will tell on that one.

From our point of view, until we know which league we'll be playing in next season, these loans are ideal and I would assume go some way to limiting our exposure to P&S restrictions.

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

From the little I know of him I think he would give us a different option to Kaz upfront. However, at his age (30) I don't see him signing a short-term contract to the end of this season whilst he's still got a chance of a 2 or 3 year deal elsewhere - time will tell on that one.

From our point of view, until we know which league we'll be playing in next season, these loans are ideal and I would assume go some way to limiting our exposure to P&S restrictions.

To be fair, I think he might take a 6 month deal if the wages are decent enough, and there’s a further longer term prospect. But the wages were probably the problem, given our current financial situation. I’d have preferred him to Gregory, but we’ve got the latter now, so we’re ok up front with him, Kazim-Richards and Stretton. A position to look at again in the summer though, of course.

6 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Trouble is though he plays a similar way to colin which makes us 1 dimensional , if we are playing a team where the hold up striker role isn't working we don't have any other options as both of our strikers play similar 

Maybe we are one dimensional, but what if Kaz gets injured? We had no one else in the squad who could play that role, so we’d have been forced to change from a system that’s working well for us. Now we’ve got Gregory, we’ve got someone who could fill in and also a replacement off the bench for the last 20 minutes.

Maybe if it was a straight choice of Niasse vs Gregory, Rooney may have thought Gregory can come in and play straight away whereas Niasse hasnt played any longer than 16mins since Oct 2019 (that I can see?) so will take a while to get upto speed

• 3 weeks later...

Archived