Oumar Niasse

DCFC1388

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I'm sorry but who with a brain chooses Lee Gregory over niasse? Surely rooney has looked at him being an ex everton player and I'm sure niasse would want to work with him again??

Maybe Rooney doesn't rate him? Maybe he wants more wages than we want to pay? Maybe Rooney has a plan for next season and doesn't see that being Niasse? There are lots of potential reasons why he chose Gregory over Niasse. 

7 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I'm sorry but who with a brain chooses Lee Gregory over niasse? Surely rooney has looked at him being an ex everton player and I'm sure niasse would want to work with him again??

It might not have been a straight choice over you can have Gregory OR Niasse. There's so many possible scenarios then you can tie yourself in knots trying to second guess the outcome and still not hit on the right reason. 

12 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Hmmm... what makes you think Niasse is so good - or more accurately - so suited to the way we play? It's not as if he's beating suitors off with a stick is it?

Having seen Gregory play a number of times over the years, I'd say he is an excellent choice to offer cover for Kazim-Richards over the next four months.

15 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Hmmm... what makes you think Niasse is so good - or more accurately - so suited to the way we play? It's not as if he's beating suitors off with a stick is it?

Having seen Gregory play a number of times over the years, I'd say he is an excellent choice to offer cover for Kazim-Richards over the next four months.

Trouble is though he plays a similar way to colin which makes us 1 dimensional , if we are playing a team where the hold up striker role isn't working we don't have any other options as both of our strikers play similar 

30 minutes ago, rynny said:

Maybe Rooney doesn't rate him? Maybe he wants more wages than we want to pay? Maybe Rooney has a plan for next season and doesn't see that being Niasse? There are lots of potential reasons why he chose Gregory over Niasse. 

Obviously they are all plausible questions , them questions could apply to Gregory too , doubt he will be in our plans for next year so if its just a stop gap then niasse would be much better , gives us a different option off the bench where as Gregory gives us something similar to Colin off the bench , 1 dimensional 

6 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Trouble is though he plays a similar way to colin which makes us 1 dimensional , if we are playing a team where the hold up striker role isn't working we don't have any other options as both of our strikers play similar 

You are right about being possibly being one dimensional, but it's starting to look like that one dimension is pretty hard to break down and win against.

so long may this one dimensional approach continue!

Let's worry about a plan B, if and when this good run of form comes to an end.  

31 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Obviously they are all plausible questions , them questions could apply to Gregory too , doubt he will be in our plans for next year so if its just a stop gap then niasse would be much better , gives us a different option off the bench where as Gregory gives us something similar to Colin off the bench , 1 dimensional 

In your opinion. Not Rooneys. You both are entitled to an opinion it's just Rooney's is the one that matters.

As has already been said there could be countless reasons he's not coming.

Was there any proof we were in for him? not just paper gossip.

49 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Would Niasse sign until the end of the season? 

Archived