25 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

He seems to fit three of the main criteria seems he wants to come, will cost no transfer fee and will not cost us much in wages. 

What's not to lose if he doesn't come off let him go at the end of the season if he starts scoring  and plays well we have gained an asset for very little out lay.

A win win i think.

Forwards cost higher wages but if he wants to even put himself in the shop window he might need to play for free and pay his own insurance which is probably against any number of rules if we can’t get the embargo lifted 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Forwards cost higher wages but if he wants to even put himself in the shop window he might need to play for free and pay his own insurance which is probably against any number of rules if we can’t get the embargo lifted 

We can sign players on loan or free transfers as I understand it. Happy to be corrected.

1 hour ago, Bob Gnarly said:

People happy to have this lad in on a free but slate Ravel. Almost identical in terms of financial outlay.

Maybe i'm being narrow minded, but surely these are the types of deals we should be going for? 

Little risk and potential for decent reward?

Ravels quite literally a high risk, attitude issues and never able to settle at a club. Niasse has a good worth ethic and will work his socks off, a lot less of a risk in comparison to Ravel.

1 hour ago, Bob Gnarly said:

People happy to have this lad in on a free but slate Ravel. Almost identical in terms of financial outlay.

Maybe i'm being narrow minded, but surely these are the types of deals we should be going for? 

Little risk and potential for decent reward?

👍🏻👏🏻 I’d take a punt on both 👍🏻

15 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Ravels quite literally a high risk, attitude issues and never able to settle at a club. Niasse has a good worth ethic and will work his socks off, a lot less of a risk in comparison to Ravel.

Isn't this the same the we heard with Kazim?

Mot doubting Niasse, I agree with what you have said and believe it will be a decent signing.

23 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

He seems to fit three of the main criteria seems he wants to come, will cost no transfer fee and will not cost us much in wages. 

What's not to lose if he doesn't come off let him go at the end of the season if he starts scoring  and plays well we have gained an asset for very little out lay.

A win win i think.

None of our players cost us anything in wages at the moment

On 21/01/2021 at 12:11, Rab a dab doo said:

A win win i think.

Won’t his wages be quite high? He’s played for top ten prem clubs 

26 minutes ago, Jram said:

Won’t his wages be quite high? He’s played for top ten prem clubs 

If he is waiting around to sign for us as reported, I would think wages have been discussed already. Plus he is currently on £0 a week and has been for 6 months

100% fits the type of striker we need, was someone I hoped we were looking at in the summer. Low risk with him being on a free. Not only does Rooney know him from their time at Everton, Niasse will also know both Davies & Marshall from his time on loan at Hull.

7 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

I also am happy to be corrected but my understanding is that the club are unable to register new players until the embargo is lifted.

One out, one in as long as they are free transfers whilst under an embargo is allowed with EFL approval........that’s us ducked then!