Derby@QPR, Saturday 15.00 hrs.

Rev

4 minutes ago, sage said:

What formation do QPR play?

If its not with wing backs, I'd have liked to have seen us go back to 433.

They regularly play 5-3-2 (with Todd Kane and Niko Hamalainen at wing-back in the last couple of matches). Their centre-midfield area looks a bit lightweight... I'm expecting Bielik, Knight and Shinnie to have plenty of success in the middle of the pitch.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a massive surprise to see an unchanged team, but I’m still a bit unconvinced by that set up. Evans did ok the other day but I’m still not a massive fan of 3 at the back, it’s too easy for it to become too defensive. Puts a lot of pressure on the front three for goals as well, and I’m not convinced players like Jozwiak have enough quality in the final third for us to be enough of a threat. Think Buchanan has looked a bit shaky defensively in the last couple of games as well, though we don’t really have anyone else who can play that wing back role.

Obviously a shame that Marshall is still out ill, but Roos has been doing ok, so hopefully he remains solid. Gives Knight the chance to continue as captain as well, which is hopefully a role he’s growing into. Good to see Watson back in the squad (maybe one who had COVID?), but I suspect the omission of Gordon means he’s on his way sadly.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not a massive surprise to see an unchanged team, but I’m still a bit unconvinced by that set up. Evans did ok the other day but I’m still not a massive fan of 3 at the back, it’s too easy for it to become too defensive. Puts a lot of pressure on the front three for goals as well, and I’m not convinced players like Jozwiak have enough quality in the final third for us to be enough of a threat. Think Buchanan has looked a bit shaky defensively in the last couple of games as well, though we don’t really have anyone else who can play that wing back role.

Obviously a shame that Marshall is still out ill, but Roos has been doing ok, so hopefully he remains solid. Gives Knight the chance to continue as captain as well, which is hopefully a role he’s growing into. Good to see Watson back in the squad (maybe one who had COVID?), but I suspect the omission of Gordon means he’s on his way sadly.

It more a case of, if we can stay solid with him in goal. Imodium at the ready.

Made a worldy in the last game though to be fair.

15 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

They regularly play 5-3-2 (with Todd Kane and Niko Hamalainen at wing-back in the last couple of matches). Their centre-midfield area looks a bit lightweight... I'm expecting Bielik, Knight and Shinnie to have plenty of success in the middle of the pitch.

Knight playing left forward though

42 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think Shinnie would be very unlucky not to keep his place...

1 hour ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Think Shinnie will be essential today, whilst a midfield 3 of sibley, knight and bielik massively lacks experience. Been impressed with Shinnie in the past 5/6 games 

He's good defensively but none of the midfield offer much attacking wise. We're going to rely massively on the wing backs and Jozwiak today to create chances because I can't see any other creativity in the line up. 

3 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Is it on Rams TV?

I've never tried logging on so early, but it's showing the "not currently broadcasting" message, which also shows up when the game's non season ticket holders, etc

Yes it is, started at 2.30. You have to purchase the stream, though.

9 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

He's good defensively but none of the midfield offer much attacking wise. We're going to rely massively on the wing backs and Jozwiak today to create chances because I can't see any other creativity in the line up. 

Agree with what you've said but our defence is very good at moment so we may only need one goal to win this one. QPR struggle to score at home as well so hopefully 3 points today. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Thanks! I cannot remember how to purchase it. I thought that I just clicked on live stream, and the purchase details popped up.

Just click on purchase/redeem stream or go into Rams TV section and it lists live streams available.  There's only today's there.

Archived