Derby@QPR, Saturday 15.00 hrs.

Rev

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Rooney has let players go, had injured players and signed no players. He has transformed the mentality of the players. Fairly impossible to have done so imo.

10 games in charge, 3 goals conceded and averaging 1.7 ppg is absolutely incredible for this group of players. If we were more potent in front of goal we’d be more than capable of challenging next season. 

2 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

10 games in charge, 3 goals conceded and averaging 1.7 ppg is absolutely incredible for this group of players. If we were more potent in front of goal we’d be more than capable of challenging next season. 

Almost an understatement if that were possible. QYJJ. A few more players in that Wayne has chosen and it looks like a very good managerial appointment indeederooney.

Very similar to the Millwall game honestly, almost felt like a carbon copy of it. 

For an away performance I thought it was very good, especially considering that QPR were always going to be on the front foot at home against a side lower in the table. We actually contained them very well and considering all their possession they created very little.

Cracking win! Rode our luck but deserved that after many games this season where we haven’t got what we deserved. Impressive defensive rearguard action, we can play loads better than that but don’t underestimate how much Tuesday’s performance took out of them, we were always going to have to grind it out.

12 games is a fair number to assess Rooney’s impact. 5 wins, 4 draws, 3 defeats, 19 points, 1.58 points per game. That’s play off form. Another 12 games like this we’ll be pretty much there in terms of survival. 

5 points clear of the drop zone is massive given the season we’ve had. Teams behind have games in hand but especially down the bottom points in the bag is key. That Rotherham game in a couple of weeks time could be decisive.

There will be bumps in the road ahead but things are looking good and continuing the form under Rooney we will survive comfortably. The only way this could be impacted is by off field matters but even if we sign no one, but keep the current squad, we’re still in a good place.

So Rooney and the team have done their bit, now over to Mel and Stephen to sort your poo out. 

We did to them what they they did to us at PP. 

tight game and one side snatched the win.

Our impressive defensive record should be breeding confidence.
Forest conceded as many goals today as we have in the past 18 hours of league football. 
most games are on a knife edge. Preston, Sheff wed and Rotherham went against us.
Bournemouth and qpr went in our favour. 
We still look short of goals but we look like a team. 

hard to relax until the transfer window is shut. Hoping we don’t sell Sibley. 

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Give over... We're 21st!!

If,big if we stay up, we'll be mid table at best. I genuinely think we'll scrape to stay up but enter administration and get a 12 point deduction, seeing us go down

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Great, battling display. And for the first 20 - 25 minutes we were well in control, and got in some good crosses which asked questions of their defence. Then QPR started to close us down and harry our players, and doubled up on virtually all of our players whenever they were near the ball. And we don't like it. At the same time we stopped giving them the press, so they grew into the game and were on top till half time. 

The excellent change to 4-3-3 for the second half was a great move and we worked our way back to control again, until the last 15 minutes hen we seemed to be whacked out. We were holding on at the end, although Wazza's substitutions were good and effective

At times we moved the ball really well through midfield, but just lack the defence-splitting passes we need. I thought first Bird, and then Beilik would give us the goods, but it appears it isn't their strong-suit. Joswiack is coming in for a bit of stick, and didn't have much of an end-product today, apart form his part in the goal. But he is always up against 2 or 3 players wherever he is on the pitch, so  is obviously a threat worth spending manpower on to close down. He is excellent at extricating the ball in tight situations, and often is the only one in midfield who wants to run at players and try and open things up, and often has no-one in the box to aim at. This is improving as we are starting to get more and more players forwards when we attack, but at least he doesn't go into blind alleys and get tackled by turning into the defender when it is easier to go round them, and he does try and pass the ball at the right time.

There is much to be pleased with today, especially the grit and determination we showed. But probably the biggest difference is that Rooney has got the whole squad busting a gut, instead of looking like it is all too much for them. So having got the defence working, and getting the midfield showing a whole load more life, maybe we will start to see the fruit of what he is doing in training to sharpen things up in the final third.

We are in a good place given what has been done to us over the last few months/couple of seasons, and we as fans must stay loyal and hopeful. We are not there yet, but we are on the way!

And the ref! I thought after about 20 minutes he gave a couple of very soft decisions to QPR, and thought the usual switch to useless after 20 minutes was happening, but as someone else has put, he seemed to blow the EFL protocol for Derby County matches out of the water. We could have had the penalty shout go against us, plus one or two others, and the match ended with more QPR players booked than Derby players. Since when has the opposition had more yellow cards than Derby? Maybe never! So maybe to=hose officiating decisions are starting to even themselves out after all. Well, we had a bit of luck in this match at least!

And the Gumps completely gumped today as well! So a good was had by all!

COME ON YOU RAMS!

Dave, you write the best reports ever. Top job. ?

3 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

If,big if we stay up, we'll be mid table at best. I genuinely think we'll scrape to stay up but enter administration and get a 12 point deduction, seeing us go down

I think we're perfectly capable of finishing 12 points above the relegation zone as even with a few blips along the way we've achieved top 6 form under Rooney  

48 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I think we're perfectly capable of finishing 12 points above the relegation zone as even with a few blips along the way we've achieved top 6 form under Rooney  

Totally agree. 6 weeks ago, I thought we were done for. 
Then we appointed a novice manager who I thought wasn’t up to the job. 
I LUUUUURVE being wrong. This isn’t new manager bounce, Rooney genuinely looks like he’s got what it takes. 
I now think we’ll be relatively comfortable.

There will be glitches for sure. Games where we think “What???!!???”, as we did against Rotherham. But the more games we play, the more we’ll see these as the abberations they are. 
Right now, I’m hopeful that we’ll finish somewhere near mid table. 

1 hour ago, bimmerman said:

Blimey cant we have just one night of relative happiness!

I think we have a good group of players. The sort of players that are often described as ‘honest’.

There may be question marks against one or two who are not currently playing, but all of the rest sweat blood every game. Shinnie, knight, and  kazim-richards etc epitomise this attitude. 
with these players we will be ok provided that we avoid injuries or points deductions.

Archived