Derby@QPR, Saturday 15.00 hrs.

Rev

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been critical of Rooney leaving games for too long without changing things but today he made the bold decision to change things around.

Bringing on Bird and switching systems allowed us better control over the game and gave us the platform to win the game. 

Really hope we see more of this proactive tactical management more going forwards.

2 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

It wasn't like he was splitting open defences at will though was it ?. We didn't really create any chances all game apart from the goal.

If I'm being really critical..... I think he held onto a bit too long and underhit the pass.

It's really nitpicky but it would have made the initial chance easier.

28 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Already enjoyed a celebratory bottle of 6d north wanderlust, a can of che guava lager, on to a can of chokka blokka mocha stout whilst cheering on for Cheltenham Town in the FA Cup. It's already been a fantastic day, time for a brilliant night.

I met a man once from nam, I said Vietnam?..............he said no, Cheltenham.

Thought you'd gone decimal up there but fair play for getting a bottle for a tanner

25 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Shinnie made the goal today #itk 

Ehhh he did in the sense that he hit a pass you'd expect any player at this level making but it doesn't change that he doesn't really do a whole lot when we are in possession. 

First half similar to Rotherham (although not as drastic) it was fairly noticeable that we weren't really doing enough with the ball especially in midfield. I think despite the two recent wins there are very clear flaws in the side that teams are beginning to exploit namely if you man mark Bielik it's very easy to stop progression through midfield. Namely because he's the sole player in our typical starting that moves into space for the ball, turns and quickly moves the ball on.

Shinnie for his qualities isn't good when we have the ball and I think for us to move forwards we need to think about having him or Knight in midfield and not both (either in a 433 or 343). This is outside of games we feel we need to be more solid i.e. one of the top 6.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Ehhh he did in the sense that he hit a pass you'd expect any player at this level making but it doesn't change that he doesn't really do a whole lot when we are in possession. 

First half similar to Rotherham (although not as drastic) it was fairly noticeable that we weren't really doing enough with the ball especially in midfield. I think despite the two recent wins there are very clear flaws in the side that teams are beginning to exploit namely if you man mark Bielik it's very easy to stop progression through midfield. Namely because he's the sole player in our typical starting that moves into space for the ball, turns and quickly moves the ball on.

Shinnie for his qualities isn't good when we have the ball and I think for us to move forwards we need to think about having him or Knight in midfield and not both (either in a 433 or 343). This is outside of games we feel we need to be more solid i.e. one of the top 6.

Stay as we are but get a striker, a winger and an Ibe. Ship Waghorn and Lawrence out perhaps.

31 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

jozwiak had an average game imo. Knight was much better 2nd half.

The back 4 + Roos were fantastic. Is Byrne the best rb weve had in the last 10 years????. Buchanan looking a player now.

Great win and although some had meh games you cannot criticize the effort and commitment of any of them.

Rooney and his staff are working wonders and with backing I think we'll start scoring more than 1 goal in games on a regular basis.

Completely disagree with that. Thought Jozwiak was decent for most of the game and looked the only threat at times. 

Felt Knight looked really ordinary and ineffectual on the left as he typical he has when playing there. Really felt we were crying out for something different on that side as any threat only ever came through Buchanan.

Just now, brady1993 said:

Completely disagree with that. Thought Jozwiak was decent for most of the game and looked the only threat at times. 

Felt Knight looked really ordinary and ineffectual on the left as he typical he has when playing there. Really felt we were crying out for something different on that side as any threat only ever came through Buchanan.

Byrne is just plain brilliant.

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Stay as we are but get a striker, a winger and an Ibe. Ship Waghorn and Lawrence out perhaps.

That might work if stay 343 but honestly I don't think they will come at least not at the quality that would be needed to carry an attack and it still wouldn't entirely solve the issue of if you shut down Bielik, you shut down Derby.

I think we have the players in the squad to give us more going forward with better control with a small sacrifice in solidity.

Archived