Derby@QPR, Saturday 15.00 hrs.

Rev

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Cracking result. Was important not to lose today but to win is a real bonus. Couldnt give a monkeys whether we deserved it.. suck it up QPR.

Will admit to not being impressed with the unchanged line up although it worked well initially as QPR didnt press. Played some good stuff with Byrne particularly impressive...Kazim obviously should have scored but lot of quality wide delivery without someone attacking it. Thereafter QPR overloaded the centre & our effectiveness was neutered.

Credit to Rooney for bringing Bird on early, a very effective substitution who brought a lot of control & energy and also for changing the formation. Waghorn & McDonald subs also well timed. Quality rearguard action from the back line & midfield with QPR not threatening last 5 mins. Also 2 magnificent saves from Roos, one in each half. 

5 clear of the bottom three...lets finish off a good few days by making it 3 in a row v Bristol & telling BZG to do one. COYR

Byrne at £3 million would look good value.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

@Owen87ITKBarker kept going on about it, but I think he jumped with his arms as 'levers' and as his outer arm was dropping the ball hit him. Not deliberate nor was his arm in an 'un-natural' position.

Ah... but where was his inner arm during all this commotion?  

Sorry!  Just trying to be humerus!  

Already enjoyed a celebratory bottle of 6d north wanderlust, a can of che guava lager, on to a can of chokka blokka mocha stout whilst cheering on for Cheltenham Town in the FA Cup. It's already been a fantastic day, time for a brilliant night.

I met a man once from nam, I said Vietnam?..............he said no, Cheltenham.

3 hours ago, DCFClks said:

He's good defensively but none of the midfield offer much attacking wise. We're going to rely massively on the wing backs and Jozwiak today to create chances because I can't see any other creativity in the line up. 

Shinnie made the goal today #itk 

jozwiak had an average game imo. Knight was much better 2nd half.

The back 4 + Roos were fantastic. Is Byrne the best rb weve had in the last 10 years????. Buchanan looking a player now.

Great win and although some had meh games you cannot criticize the effort and commitment of any of them.

Rooney and his staff are working wonders and with backing I think we'll start scoring more than 1 goal in games on a regular basis.

4 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I discovered a little bar that said "unmute" ... and, surprise surprise,  clicking on it showed me to listen to the wonderful esteemed commentary!

Here's Ken Tram in his day job as 3rd line tech support fixing an issue with a monitor's internal speakers...

giphy.gif

17 points from 10 games

3 goals conceded in 10 games.

What a turnaround this had been. Well done Wayne and the team. Their employer is letting them down and they're putting all of that aside to put in solid performances. 

As a supporter, I cant ask for more.

COYRs!

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:
10 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I discovered a little bar that said "unmute" ... and, surprise surprise,  clicking on it showed me to listen to the wonderful esteemed commentary!

Here's Ken Tram in his day job as 3rd line tech support fixing an issue with a monitor's internal speakers...

giphy.gif

I had forgotten that my monitor wasn't touch-screen!

Archived